Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA CLI 10X!

tag
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

BofA CLI 10X!

I orginally applied for an increase on my BofA Travel Rewards as the limit was 500. It was originally an $300 BankAmericard secured card opened Jan 2012 that was unsecured and converted to an BofA Travel Rewards in October.

I called initally to request an increase to 5000 and received an 5-7 message response. I decided to call back within using one of the backdoor numbers listed on here (Thank You MyFico!!!) The number took me to a lead credit analyst that in which explained that my original application for increase was declined. I asked the credit analyst to reconsider my app and have a further look at my history. The one thing that seem to be troubling the credit analyst was the school loans that had late 180 payments from back in 2011. 

I explained to him clearly of the situation (loans were transferred and learn later on I was paying wrong servicing company) and that I have higher limits on my other credit cards. the analyst went over my report and simply stated "I usually dont grant credit approvals this high but I'm going to grant you the request of 5000 dollars". My heart paused in amazement. I was shocked and happy at the same time I paused on the phone for about 10 seconds lol.

Before the approval, the anaylst did ask me a couple of questions such as my income, past baddies (in my case, my 180 day late payments from 2011), my employer information (over 2 years seems to be the stable for credit increases), and why the credit increase. I simply told the anaylst that the limit is too low for me to go on vacation next year (considering it's an travel card).

MY FIRST 10X EVER!!!!!

E-FRANK

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
petarap
Regular Contributor

Re: BofA CLI 10X!

@efranklin23 wrote:

I orginally applied for an increase on my BofA Travel Rewards as the limit was 500. It was originally an $300 BankAmericard secured card opened Jan 2012 that was unsecured and converted to an BofA Travel Rewards in October.

I called initally to request an increase to 5000 and received an 5-7 message response. I decided to call back within using one of the backdoor numbers listed on here (Thank You MyFico!!!) The number took me to a lead credit analyst that in which explained that my oringal application for increase was declined. I asked the credit analyst to reconsider my app and have a further look at my history. The one thing that seem to be troubling the credit analyst was the school loans that had late 180 payments from back in 2011. 

I explained to him clearly of the situation (loans were transferred and learn later on I was paying wrong serviceing company) and that I have higher limits on my other credit cards. the analyst went over my report and simply stated "I usually dont grant credit approvals this high but I'm going to grant you the request of 5000 dollars". My heart paused in amazement. I was shocked and happy at the same time I paused ont he phone for about 10 seconds lol.

Before the approval, the anaylst did ask me a couple of questions such as my income, past baddies (in my case, my 180 day late payments from 2011), my employer information (over 2 years seems to be the stable for credit increases), and why the credit increase. I simply told the anaylst that the limit is too low for me to go on vacation next year (considering it's an travel card).

MY FIRST 10X EVER!!!!!

E-FRANK

Awesome...Congratulations...

____________________________________________________________________________________
Recent Scores: 758 Walmart TU 8/2/2015, Amex FICO EX 777 Aug 2015
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMEX BCE $19,800, Chase Sapphire Preferred $18,000, Chase Freedom $17,000
Macy's Amex $6,000, Barclay's Arrival+ $5,000, Walmart Card $4,500, Capital One QS $2,500,
Capital One QS $2,250, BOA Travel Rewards Visa $2000, Sears Citi MC $1,000
Message 2 of 18
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Congrats.. enjoy the vacationSmiley Wink

Message 3 of 18
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats and if interested in a Signature card you could ask  as it requires 5K min for BofA Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 18
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats, nice increase!!

Message 5 of 18
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 18
baller4life
Super Contributor

That's awesome!! Congrats!!
Message 7 of 18
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

congrats! hope this happens to me in a few more months Smiley Happy

Credit: $80K Total Credit Lines...Gardening until 7/2018
Message 8 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice work, Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 18
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@efranklin23 wrote:

I called initally to request an increase to 5000 and received an 5-7 message response. I decided to call back within using one of the backdoor numbers listed on here (Thank You MyFico!!!) The number took me to a lead credit analyst that in which explained that my oringal application for increase was declined. I asked the credit analyst to reconsider my app and have a further look at my history. The one thing that seem to be troubling the credit analyst was the school loans that had late 180 payments from back in 2011. 

I explained to him clearly of the situation (loans were transferred and learn later on I was paying wrong serviceing company) and that I have higher limits on my other credit cards. the analyst went over my report and simply stated "I usually dont grant credit approvals this high but I'm going to grant you the request of 5000 dollars". My heart paused in amazement. I was shocked and happy at the same time I paused ont he phone for about 10 seconds lol.

MY FIRST 10X EVER!!!!!

E-FRANK

@efranklin23 wrote:

MY FIRST 10X EVER!!!!!

E-FRANK

Yay!!! big congrats on a huge CLI!!! I love BofA myself, they have treated me exceptional so far! started with a secured card back in mid-2012 and now they are the bank that has shown me the greatest love!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.