Did you mean: 

CFNA Firestone CLI...WHAT?????

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

Re: CFNA Firestone CLI...WHAT?????

@CreditCrusader wrote:

Will credit wonders never cease?

A few months ago, back when I still had a Firestone CC luv button, they denied my CLI request. I don't use the card much...just for oil changes and such since they give you a discount for using the card and completing the survey on the paperwork.

Today, I log in to the account...and without further request on my part, they have raised my CL from $1,200 to...$10,000??!!!

I didn't think that card could possibly have a limit that high, but there it is nevertheless. Talk about a UTIL booster! Smiley Happy

I know who to go to when I need new tires!!!! Congrats!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 11 of 13
fltn
Frequent Contributor

I just called CFNA to see if I could get an increase. I started with $800 and was moved up to $2200 last year, and just now when they asked what I wanted my limit to be, I said whatever I can get. She replied with well "it would only go up $800 more if approved because we only offer up to $3000. So I wonder if yours in a glitch? I have never seen anyone post about a huge limit. Congrats anyways.    On a side note, I got $3000 with an offer added to my accout to go $200 over my limit without any fees, but it will report as over the limit on my reports if I did so. That I will not be doing!

Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Message 12 of 13
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@fltn wrote:

I just called CFNA to see if I could get an increase. I started with $800 and was moved up to $2200 last year, and just now when they asked what I wanted my limit to be, I said whatever I can get. She replied with well "it would only go up $800 more if approved because we only offer up to $3000. So I wonder if yours in a glitch? I have never seen anyone post about a huge limit. Congrats anyways.    On a side note, I got $3000 with an offer added to my accout to go $200 over my limit without any fees, but it will report as over the limit on my reports if I did so. That I will not be doing!

Trust me, no one is more surprised than I am. Wife just suggested that it could be a combination of FICO increase of over 100 points from original approval and a doubling our my income. Whatever the reason, not gonna complain!

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.