Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI...

tag
GABrown
New Contributor

CLI...

Hello All, whats the soonest you have pressed the CLI/Luv button or called for a credit limit increase after being approved...Please tell what type of card, amount and/or approval/denial or even Recon if applicable... Just Curious
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: CLI...

I got most of my cards before I started following this forum so I wasn't knowledgeable enough to ask for a CLI upon activation.  Standard rule for me has always been 6 months (with 1 exception).  

Highlights include:  

Alliant Visa:  6 month mark-$500-$15K Regular Visa to Platinum Rewards Visa

Nordstrom Store Card:  6 month mark-$4K-$6K Store Card to Visa Signature conversion.  

PSECU PSL/Visa combo:  3 month mark-$5K-$10K, 6 month mark-$10K-$20K

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 9
GABrown
New Contributor

why 6 months?
Message 3 of 9
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@GABrown wrote:
why 6 months?

My assumption is they want to see how you handle the credit line that has been given to you.  Some creditors like Barclays have been known to give CLIs upon approval or activation if you try to recon.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 4 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 5 of 9
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

GE Discover after 2 mo's.. prob a holiday thing and Chase immediately after approval..can do cli's anytime with hp...

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 6 of 9
GABrown
New Contributor

whats the difference between hard/soft pulls?
Message 7 of 9
MrAnonymous

Unless you're dealing with AMEX (61 days for first CLI, every 6mo after) the 6 month mark is generally a good rule of thumb.

I will only go for CLI if it's a soft pull. I've noticed that every single one of my cards has been chasing each other limit wise (with auto CLI) since my first AMEX CLI. I was just approved for the NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature and am curious what the other cards will do now that I have a $20k card reporting

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did it 1 month after I got my Freedom card. It was my lowest limit at 1k so I requested 5k after 1 month looking for a total of 4k in CLI. After the CLI request, I got denied for the full 4k CLI requested and they only gave me 1.3k. Annoyed, I reconned and got the full 5k I requested. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.