Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabela's Club VISA Approved

tag
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Cabela's Club VISA Approved

We swing by this store frequently - and they are reputed to hand out some pretty fat CLs when their approvals.

So I applied online for this beauty...was among the longest click-to-results screens I have ever seen! But nevertheless, APPROVED...and with some decent perks/rewards attached:

- No AF

- 2% back on all Cabela's and Cenex Convenience stores

- 1% back on everything else

- 9.99% APR on Cabela's purchases

- Points never expire and no maximum

The family LOVES the outdoors and can't wait to sink their teeth into this card Smiley Very Happy Unfortunately, when you are approved, you do not receive your account number or CL..those come when the card arrives.

Does anyone else have any feedback on this card?

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
MamboItaliano
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cabela's Club VISA Approved

Awesome if you shop there occasionally. I wish I had chosen to pick it up because another perk (2nd hand info warning) that I heard of is that they give free-shipping for card members. 

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 36
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@MamboItaliano wrote:

Awesome if you shop there occasionally. I wish I had chosen to pick it up because another perk (2nd hand info warning) that I heard of is that they give free-shipping for card members. 

Ah...good to know...and now that I review the welcome letter again, there are perks and rewards given to club members...perhaps that is one Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 36
bkfriendly
Established Member

its easy to find out what your cl is if when you were approved you immediately signed up for online purchases....When I was approved a couple years ago, I immediatley signed up with a user id & password to make a purchase right after approval, then you go into "purchase history" and there is where you will see All but the last-4 of your account#.....It was with the last-4 I called the 800# iirc, they matched automatically know the billing phone number & all they did was ask for the last-4 and viola, current balance is *** and avaliable credit is **** It was awesome, didnt have to wait to see what limit was, so give it a try Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 36
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

I tried what you suggested...no dice. While it let me set up an account, the order history is blank. Is there any other way to find out?

Message 5 of 36
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

I also got an instant approval a few days ago. I'm still waiting for my card but I'm hoping it has a decent limit. Like you I was able to make online purchases straight after.
Message 6 of 36
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 7 of 36
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

We swing by this store frequently - and they are reputed to hand out some pretty fat CLs when their approvals.

So I applied online for this beauty...was among the longest click-to-results screens I have ever seen! But nevertheless, APPROVED...and with some decent perks/rewards attached:

- No AF

- 2% back on all Cabela's and Cenex Convenience stores

- 1% back on everything else

- 9.99% APR on Cabela's purchases

- Points never expire and no maximum

The family LOVES the outdoors and can't wait to sink their teeth into this card Smiley Very Happy Unfortunately, when you are approved, you do not receive your account number or CL..those come when the card arrives.

Does anyone else have any feedback on this card?

CONGRATS!!! Smiley Happy

Make sure you PIF on this card, i'm pretty sure it has a high APR.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 36
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

the card has explosion back in 2008 and we are on myfico overwhelmed them wtih apps because they were approving like Barlcay but even better $3-$5k was easy... then they started slashing limits in half after approval before card arrived... I was one $3k approval and by the time card arrived they had changed me to $1500 but that was during my ch 13 bk so even the $1500 was amazing.

Most had great success with them... I did for a while... they did account reviews every 4 months I think it was and many got CLI from that... I made it through 2 reviews I think i t was and just about on my 1 year if I remember correctly they started to not like all the accounts they had approved and on an account review when my PIF cleared as I always multiple times a month PIF they CLOSED my account... I found out at lunch with my mom when card was declined.

My parents who had a card for years and years with $16k limit just a month or two after my account was closed they had their account closed also... $0 balance also.

don't know how far the board goes back but they got BAD for a while but I also think they had to change the underwriting on the card completely in the business model and when they did that they also started to review all current open accounts to decrease exposure.

they are probably good now.

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.