cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 $3000 CLI on Credit Steps MC - Account less than a year old, 2nd CLI!!!!!!!

tag
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

Cap 1 $3000 CLI on Credit Steps MC - Account less than a year old, 2nd CLI!!!!!!!

I am literally almost hyperventilating right now! I have a credit steps card with Cap One that I got right after my BK discharged last year in Sept. and started with a $300 CL and then it went to $1600 CL in Feb with their "Credit Steps" program. Well, after that, I had pretty much given up hope of ever getting much more of a CLI in the future after reading so many negative comments on different online sites about Cap One not really doing any CLI's after the first one on their "Credit Steps" cards and on most of their cards in general.

I have requested a CLI with their luv button every couple of months and got the letter back that my account was not eligible for a CLI because it had recently had a CLI (in Feb) and I actually just got a decline again on Aug 1st. I was looking at my account tonight and noticed that my statement on the 8th of Aug was the 6th statement cut since my CLI in Feb so I decided to give it a shot one more time since I was now more than 6 months since my last CLI. When the screen came back and said I had a new credit limit of $4600 and asked if I wanted to accept it, I nearly fell in the floor!!!!! I cannot believe it. I am so happy right now!!! I am working so hard to rebuild my credit and it is finally starting to show!

After my first auto CLI in Feb., I was offered to PC to Quick Silver and I accepted on both accounts. (I have 2 cards with them, both credit steps) so I am wondering if that had anything to do with the fact that I was given such a nice increase. I thought the credit steps cards did not go above $3000 but clearly I was wrong. Not sure if it had anything to do with the PC or not.

I promise you, I feel like typing this post in all caps and 100 point type! LOL. I have not felt this type of excitement in a long time! I have never really had CC’s before. My BK was due to unpaid medical bills from a sudden chronic illness without medical insurance and I never really had them before this past year. I decided the best way to rebuild was through an auto loan and some credit cards. I used this board and learned so much about rebuilding my credit and re-establishing. I could never have done it without all the fabulous people and information on here. Thank you all so much for your input, guidance and support!

If I was not stuck in this wheelchair, I would be dancing all over my living room right about now. Smiley Very Happy

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Cap 1 $3000 CLI on Credit Steps MC - Account less than a year old, 2nd CLI!!!!!!!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 5
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: Cap 1 $3000 CLI on Credit Steps MC - Account less than a year old, 2nd CLI!!!!!!!

congrats

Message 3 of 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Divaofsongs wrote:

I am literally almost hyperventilating right now! I have a credit steps card with Cap One that I got right after my BK discharged last year in Sept. and started with a $300 CL and then it went to $1600 CL in Feb with their "Credit Steps" program. Well, after that, I had pretty much given up hope of ever getting much more of a CLI in the future after reading so many negative comments on different online sites about Cap One not really doing any CLI's after the first one on their "Credit Steps" cards and on most of their cards in general.

I have requested a CLI with their luv button every couple of months and got the letter back that my account was not eligible for a CLI because it had recently had a CLI (in Feb) and I actually just got a decline again on Aug 1st. I was looking at my account tonight and noticed that my statement on the 8th of Aug was the 6th statement cut since my CLI in Feb so I decided to give it a shot one more time since I was now more than 6 months since my last CLI. When the screen came back and said I had a new credit limit of $4600 and asked if I wanted to accept it, I nearly fell in the floor!!!!! I cannot believe it. I am so happy right now!!! I am working so hard to rebuild my credit and it is finally starting to show!

After my first auto CLI in Feb., I was offered to PC to Quick Silver and I accepted on both accounts. (I have 2 cards with them, both credit steps) so I am wondering if that had anything to do with the fact that I was given such a nice increase. I thought the credit steps cards did not go above $3000 but clearly I was wrong. Not sure if it had anything to do with the PC or not.

I promise you, I feel like typing this post in all caps and 100 point type! LOL. I have not felt this type of excitement in a long time! I have never really had CC’s before. My BK was due to unpaid medical bills from a sudden chronic illness without medical insurance and I never really had them before this past year. I decided the best way to rebuild was through an auto loan and some credit cards. I used this board and learned so much about rebuilding my credit and re-establishing. I could never have done it without all the fabulous people and information on here. Thank you all so much for your input, guidance and support!

If I was not stuck in this wheelchair, I would be dancing all over my living room right about now. Smiley Very Happy

Congratulations on your credit limit increase! Smiley Happy Thanks for sharing. Great job!

Message 4 of 5
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS, gotta LUV Capital One!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.