Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One/HSBC CLI

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap One/HSBC CLI

I used to get $200 clis every year from
HSBC- which is slow but steady! Got to $1700 cl.
Then Cap One took over and started that "account is not eligible" bs. Glad I closed that card!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 14
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@xerostatus wrote:

After a couple of days, limit increased from 1000 to 2500, plus a "one-time" waiver for the annual fee (which is just another excuse to bug the EO next year :rollseyes: )

How did the increase happen?  CSR, EO, or just Capone did it on their own?

So far the only thing I can see is that maybe the Best Buy Cards are the ones which are eligible.  Did those convert earlier or on July 15th like most of the rest?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 12 of 14
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

You wouldn't have to wait a year. Their policy is every 6 months... So I would do it right on the dot..

Message 13 of 14
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

Emailed EO, got a call back, discussed, then it was sent to underwriters (i presume).

They said it was a softpull.

Then, even before the fella called me back to give me the good news, i saw the increase already when i logged into my acct, maybe 1-2 days before i got the confirmation call.

So, EO did it, basically.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.