Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 CLI after 9 Years!

tag
GMCloud27
Valued Member

Cap1 CLI after 9 Years!

I just wanted to give a warm thanks to everyone here on these boards.  I feel like an addict reading through them each day Smiley Happy

At long last, my what is likely now called "Credit Steps" Capital One Platinum that I've had since 16 (first card) at a whopping $250 initial CL and topped off at $2,500 for the past 7 years was granted a PC and CLI!

The first step--I contacted the EO and discussed wanting to make use of the card and better utlize it as there were no rewards, nadda.  I was told they can move it to a QuickSilver Platinum card with the same $2,500 CL.  I agreed to this and about two weeks of calling, following up, and multiple card replacement requests (to get the stock QuickSilver card...as cheap as it is), I finally had made the PC.

Then the second step--CLI.  I spoke to the EO originally and they recommend the Luv button... Online chat, same way.  Then I reached out to the Facebook team (EO) and they too essentially shot me down and continually pressed for me to use the Luv button.  Pressed it, no go.  7-10 day review.  I received a document from Capital One stating "The current credit line for this type of account makes the account eneligible for a credit line increase upon request."

I then wrote a follow up message to the facebook team requesting (per a great topic on this board) a manual review of my account.  They returned my message and said someone will be contacting me within 2 days (I provided my account info to them via msg).  Next day came and I receive a phone call to ask the usual CLI questions: income, rent/own.  Totay I log in to my account to see a fresh $5,000 Smiley Happy.

It's nice to see that even my oldest, smallest card can still get a boost!

For references, FAKO is ~760, Util is 2-8%

AmEx Gold (NPSL) | CSP ($12k) | BCE ($24.5k) | PenFed Platinum Rewards ($50k) | Merrill Lynch PP ($15k) | US Bank Cash Plus ($19.5k) | Citi Best Buy ($8k) | CapitalOne QuickSilver ($6k)

01/13-12/13 Tradelines: $10,100 -> $69,900 Thank you myFico!
TL: $134,400
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Cap1 CLI after 9 Years!

Message 2 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I opened a Cap One card in 1999, and it got its first CLI this year.   So getting yours after just 9 years, wow, Cap One is getting speedy!

Message 3 of 15
justforting
Regular Contributor

Congrats!....

Last App: 09/17/2013 // No App Until: Mortgage (05/14?)

Cards in my wallet: AMEX BCE ($8000) // CITI AA VISA SIG ($5000) // CHASE FREEDOM ($3500) // DISCOVER IT ($1000) // CAP ONE NC ($1000) // WALMART DISCOVER ($1600)
Credit Scores: FICO TU08 (10/13): 739 // Credit Karma (10/13): 677??!! // Credit Sesame (10/13): 730
Next Goal: CSP (after mortgage probably...)
Message 4 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 15
codesingh
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

I keep learning here all the time. I had cap1, i was late to pay(over 180 days) they closed it...then when I had the money I paid off and never bothered to get an account with them for the next 5 years. i recently apped got a CL of 500, a month later called EO, got a bump up to 2,500...just 2 months after that called again EO and got another bump up to $5k...their EO is awesome.

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 6 of 15
GMCloud27
Valued Member

Codesinah, that's amazing! I agree, I got to hand it to their EO team. Longtime lurker, wow! Guess I got lucky at 9 Smiley Happy

Thanks everyone!
AmEx Gold (NPSL) | CSP ($12k) | BCE ($24.5k) | PenFed Platinum Rewards ($50k) | Merrill Lynch PP ($15k) | US Bank Cash Plus ($19.5k) | Citi Best Buy ($8k) | CapitalOne QuickSilver ($6k)

01/13-12/13 Tradelines: $10,100 -> $69,900 Thank you myFico!
TL: $134,400
Message 7 of 15
dzaf562
Established Member

Congrats! That's a nice bump.

A lady from Cap One EO just called and said they will do a soft pull and proceed to ask for my rent and income, and I would hear from her in 2-3 days or I can check my account to see the increase.

Good to see success story.

Message 8 of 15
martinwes
Established Member

I had two cards - originally one for $300 CL Unsecured and an Orchard Bank that was brought over to Cap1 that was $300 CL. After 6 months of good payments to the the first card I was granted $500 CL. This was 2.5 years ago. Made on time payments for that amount of time and then clicked the magical CL increase button and got jack squat. 

Emailed the EO and got a response back within a couple of days. They took the $500 one to $1000 and the $300 to $800. Not a HUGE increase but considering I was the worst with paying bills on time 5 years ago, it's a step in the right direction!

Message 9 of 15
Chadsnana
Valued Member

Congradulations!

Let's see. Amex CLI in 60+ days, Cap 1 in 9 YEARS! Good to know that it is possible.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.