Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Quicksilver Approval led to auto CLI on existing Cap1 Card

tag
Eterion
Established Member

Cap1 Quicksilver Approval led to auto CLI on existing Cap1 Card

Hey all! This is good news for me since I've spent the past two years building my credit. Started with a secured credit card and eventually diversified my credit by adding some installment loans. Never been late on a payment.

Anyway, I received a letter (and then subsequent email) frm Cap1 letting me know I was "pre-qualified" to apply for their Quicksilver. Long story short, I took the plunge and applied - got instant approval and when I went to link the new card to my existing Cap1 account, found that the limit on my existing card was bumped up - nearly $3k.

Does this happen often? I mean obviously they were able to check my credit since I just took an app with them - but I didn't even have to ask for a CLI on the existing card.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: Cap1 Quicksilver Approval led to auto CLI on existing Cap1 Card

congrats

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Nice CLI plus a new card.
Message 3 of 12
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 4 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Eterion wrote:

Hey all! This is good news for me since I've spent the past two years building my credit. Started with a secured credit card and eventually diversified my credit by adding some installment loans. Never been late on a payment.

Anyway, I received a letter (and then subsequent email) frm Cap1 letting me know I was "pre-qualified" to apply for their Quicksilver. Long story short, I took the plunge and applied - got instant approval and when I went to link the new card to my existing Cap1 account, found that the limit on my existing card was bumped up - nearly $3k.

Does this happen often? I mean obviously they were able to check my credit since I just took an app with them - but I didn't even have to ask for a CLI on the existing card.

To answer your question not very often though Cap-1 has loosened the purse strings in the last few months as evidenced by all the CLIs I have read about on multi boards. Grats on your auto luv Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 12
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Eterion wrote:

Congrats on the auto-luv Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 6 of 12
creditFiend
Established Contributor

Congrats
Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 7 of 12
CreditHealthy
Established Contributor

Congrats!

What's in my sock drawer? NFCU LOC 15,000] NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000][ Golden 1Platinum Rewards Card 6,600 Discover It 5,000,] {NFCU goRewards 17,500} Barclaycard 1250.00,]Cap one 750.00 ], Watering my garden for the next five years:-)
EQUIFAX 727 EXPERIAN 732 TRANSUNION 743 FICO} STARTING SCORE....554 July 2013
Message 8 of 12
dho
Valued Member

May I ask what your scores were when approved for quicksilver

Starting Score: 595
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 712

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
Eterion
Established Member

Thanks everyone for the kudos!

dho, I am just over the 700 mark. 100% payment history, and a health balance of both installment and revolving credit.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.