Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Approval!

tag
Chinadoll
Contributor

Capital One Approval!

I cannot believe it....I just got approved!! Smiley Happy I just applied to Credit One today and got denied. I have been rebuilding my credit for a long time. Just bought a new home in September and a couple of months back I tried applying with two CC companies and got denied. Took my chances today and applied with Capital One and got approved with a $1000 CL. I only have one other CC with a limit of $270 (what a joke). But I have been restoring my credit for awhile and trying to not have a CC but just for emergencies only. I am so happy that I know my credit is coming back to a good point.

Starting Score: TU 654 EQ 599
Current Score: TU 682 EQ 661 EX 688
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Approval!

@Chinadoll wrote:
I cannot believe it....I just got approved!! Smiley Happy I just applied to Credit One today and got denied. I have been rebuilding my credit for a long time. Just bought a new home in September and a couple of months back I tried applying with two CC companies and got denied. Took my chances today and applied with Capital One and got approved with a $1000 CL. I only have one other CC with a limit of $270 (what a joke). But I have been restoring my credit for awhile and trying to not have a CC but just for emergencies only. I am so happy that I know my credit is coming back to a good point.

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!
AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 3 of 11
drcc2013
Valued Member

congratssssSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval and new home!!!Smiley Happy

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 5 of 11
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@Chinadoll wrote:

Did you ave any other credit issues?  I'm somewhat stunned that Credit One denied that, especially with your scores!

Message 6 of 11
Chinadoll
Contributor

Did you ave any other credit issues?  I'm somewhat stunned that Credit One denied that, especially with your scores!

Thanks Everyone! Yes, I have 4 charge-offs that are over 5 years old and Credit One one was one of them as well as Orchard Bank. They were all less than $500 balances; I was straight out of college Smiley Sad . Other than that I have no other damages to my credit; just my home loan and student loans. Those charge-offs held me back from getting any kind of CC though, so I just remained patient. People don't realize that your scores can be pretty good but it's what is on your report that affects you being approved or not.

Starting Score: TU 654 EQ 599
Current Score: TU 682 EQ 661 EX 688
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
sccredit
Valued Contributor

People don't realize that your scores can be pretty good but it's what is on your report that affects you being approved or not.

Truer words.....

Message 8 of 11
blunderer
Established Contributor

Congrats on the Cap One approval and your new home.

Message 9 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.