Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO shot my CLI down...

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One EO shot my CLI down...

Congrats on your new cards! I noticed in the back door numbers there are 2 credit solutions I wonder if the ones having the problems are calling the 866 number instead of the right one 877. That might be where the negative feedback is coming from for credit solutions. Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 11 of 18
CreditUp2014
Established Member

well seems like you've moved on to greener pastures.   I'm like MyJourney though, so far they have been very good when contacting the EO, albeit my CL leave soemthing to be desired.

Anyways, nice starting limits on those prime cards!

Message 12 of 18
shane82388
Established Contributor

I never get a FICO score on my capital one CLI denials?
Message 13 of 18
p-
Valued Contributor

shane82388 wrote:  ...I never get a FICO score on my capital one CLI denials...

If you have online delivery, go to accounts: statements and documents, choose documents, and look at the reason for denial.  If the reason was "account type not eligible for increase upon request" then you won't have a score.  That's because if they didn't even soft pull you before they said no.

If the reason is credit related, or, oddly enough, if it's "no" because you've had one in the last 6 months, page 2 will be an FCRA explanation with an Equifax score.

If the account type is not eligible, and it's a subprime card like a rebuilder platinum, then you have likely maxed out the potential of that card and need a product change.  Take a look at this guide for how to proceed if that's the case:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-to-get-a-PC-or-CLI-from-Capital-One/td-p/1690104

Message 14 of 18
virgo
Established Contributor

Kick Cap 1 to the curb.

My story.  year and a half ago they say they were going through some kind of computer transition and accidently erased some accounts, mine was one of them.  So the account vanishes from my reports. Score drop.  A year later they find the account.  It reappears on my report but now says closed by consumer.  They open a new account a week later, that I didn't ask for. Another score drop.

I told them I didn't want a new account without my history.  (signal the crickets)  Because of this fiasco I can only go through the EO for EVERYTHING.  So the EO puts in for a CLI. You'd think it was a slam dunk. 

The CLI was denied.  Wait for it;   Denied due to lack of history on existing Cap 1 account.   

The problem with not using the Cap 1 is that they will close it on you and that looks worse than you closing it which is exactly what I did.

Message 15 of 18
shane82388
Established Contributor

@p- wrote:

shane82388 wrote:  ...I never get a FICO score on my capital one CLI denials...

If you have online delivery, go to accounts: statements and documents, choose documents, and look at the reason for denial.  If the reason was "account type not eligible for increase upon request" then you won't have a score.  That's because if they didn't even soft pull you before they said no.

If the reason is credit related, or, oddly enough, if it's "no" because you've had one in the last 6 months, page 2 will be an FCRA explanation with an Equifax score.

If the account type is not eligible, and it's a subprime card like a rebuilder platinum, then you have likely maxed out the potential of that card and need a product change.  Take a look at this guide for how to proceed if that's the case:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-to-get-a-PC-or-CLI-from-Capital-One/td-p/1690104

Ah i never saw that score there before. I requested the other day but it was denied for having a CLI in the past 6 months...but its showing a score from back in beginning of October....ugh...so it sounds like they dont really do a soft pull on every request.

Message 16 of 18
p-
Valued Contributor

shane82388 wrote: I requested the other day but it was denied for having a CLI in the past 6 months...but its showing a score from back in beginning of October....ugh...so it sounds like they dont really do a soft pull on every request.

Wow, you're right.  I looked at all of my CLI denials from them, and they always reference an older score.  It looks like they periodically soft me, and then when I ask for a CLI, just use the most recent score they already pulled. 

Kind of takes the point of optimizing utilization and throws it out the window, eh?

Message 17 of 18
shane82388
Established Contributor

@p- wrote:

shane82388 wrote: I requested the other day but it was denied for having a CLI in the past 6 months...but its showing a score from back in beginning of October....ugh...so it sounds like they dont really do a soft pull on every request.

Wow, you're right.  I looked at all of my CLI denials from them, and they always reference an older score.  It looks like they periodically soft me, and then when I ask for a CLI, just use the most recent score they already pulled. 

Kind of takes the point of optimizing utilization and throws it out the window, eh?

yeah, its probably about quarterly or something...

its kinda crazy though because the score they gave me was 675 and now im right about 700...that could definitely be the difference between a yes and a no. Hopefully they do a new soft pull for this current CLI reqest....

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.