cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Executive Office CLI of $250, WOW, amazing!!

tag
hardworkpaysoff
Established Member

Capital One Executive Office CLI of $250, WOW, amazing!!

I took the time to email the Capital One Executive Office about my $500 Capital One credit card, and that I wanted to get a CLI, and nobody would even authorize it (hard pull or not)! Well they took my information, and submitted it for review. Came back today with a CLI of $250 to $750.

What a joke. $250 CLI. DCU just approved me for a $3,000 card, and U.S. Bank just gave me a CLI to $1,000 from $300.

Capital One is a joke. I plan on not using this card for anything and just letting it sit there. Waste of my time entirely.

Latest FICO Score(s): EQ 726 (Lender, 6/13), EX 672 (Dealer, v3 Auto, 5/13), TU 702 (Dealer, Auto 04, 5/13)

U.S. Bank Cash Rewards ($1000), Capital One Visa Platinum ($750), Discover it for Students ($650), American Express Green (NPSL), DCU Visa Platinum ($3000).
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Executive Office CLI of $250, WOW, amazing!!

How long have you had the cap1?

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 29
hardworkpaysoff
Established Member

About 11 months.

Latest FICO Score(s): EQ 726 (Lender, 6/13), EX 672 (Dealer, v3 Auto, 5/13), TU 702 (Dealer, Auto 04, 5/13)

U.S. Bank Cash Rewards ($1000), Capital One Visa Platinum ($750), Discover it for Students ($650), American Express Green (NPSL), DCU Visa Platinum ($3000).
Message 3 of 29
RSCo
Established Contributor

yeah, they are a nightmare..  The very best to you.. Smiley Happy

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 4 of 29
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@hardworkpaysoff wrote:

About 11 months.

Not to sound harsh here, but according to your sig, you have a student card...which would make you a student. That would mean that unless you are different than 99.9% of all college-aged students, your income doesn't exactly break the bank.

You have also had the card for less than a year...and they gave you a CLI. Many VISA/MC lenders make you wait a year.

It is well known that Cap1 is stingy with CLIs. Some people have them for years and don't get a CLI. Again, you got one inside a year.

Credit is something that takes time. So a CU gave you a larger limit. That is THEIR business model, not Cap1's. Cap1 has cornered the sub-prime market by balancing opportunity with risk...and they continue to grow by leaps and bounds. If you disagree with their business model, dump them. If not, roll with it Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 5 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CreditCrusader Spot on! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 29
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

You have also had the card for less than a year...and they gave you a CLI. Many VISA/MC lenders make you wait a year.

It is well known that Cap1 is stingy with CLIs. Some people have them for years and don't get a CLI. Again, you got one inside a year.

I was going to say this. It seemed in the beginning that most of the people contacting them had had cards for three or more years at $500 limits. Now people who just got the card are seeking for an increase.

The $750 is still higher than Discover and not much lower than US Bank.

Message 7 of 29
kblatt
New Contributor

I've had my CapOne card since 2002 (11 years).  Not one single CLI, and denied when I requested it last.

CapOne is NOT the way to go if you're looking for limit increases.  My scores are all fine, and I have two other $8k+ TLs.  My CapOne has been at $2k for nearly a decade..

Message 8 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Also, dcu gave you a 3k card, but they're not a bank, they're a credit union.
And depending on how long ago you opened that, it might not have even reported yet.
Message 9 of 29
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@hardworkpaysoff wrote:

I took the time to email the Capital One Executive Office about my $500 Capital One credit card, and that I wanted to get a CLI, and nobody would even authorize it (hard pull or not)! Well they took my information, and submitted it for review. Came back today with a CLI of $250 to $750.

What a joke. $250 CLI. DCU just approved me for a $3,000 card, and U.S. Bank just gave me a CLI to $1,000 from $300.

Capital One is a joke. I plan on not using this card for anything and just letting it sit there. Waste of my time entirely.

At least you got that, they did nothing for my secured card only told me up it myself. Which I did but I still think they should help us out more.

Starting scores 12/1/15 EQ 601, TU 626, EX 601

Current Scores 9/17/17 EQ 686 TU 702 EX 655 Goal 700+ across
UTL 7%
Last Inq: 9/20/17
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.