Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One QuickSilver One Approval: $3,000 Limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One QuickSilver One Approval: $3,000 Limit

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

It's been a long 10 years. I allowed my father (when I was 20) to put credit cards in my name to support his failing business. Racked up almost $50,000 in credit cards and failed several utilities bills also. So it was a struggle all the way up to 2012 when I decided enter a chapter 7 with a 380 CS. I learned an important lesson. At any rate, after the BR I haven't missed a single payment on anything and took on a car loan with a ridiculous APR to help build my credit. I figured I'd get raped for the time being until my credit rises. So today I'm at a Fico 620 and got a pre approval for the Capital One Platinum. After doing some searching around I figured I'd have a good shot at being approved. The Capital One Quicksilver One looked appealing and required the same credit as the Capital One Platinum (average) so I figured "what the hell" and applied. I got instantly approved (which was exciting) but had no idea my limit. My other 3 cards I got a $300 starting limit so I figured I'd be around that. So when the CSR got on the phone he looked it up and said 3....THOUSAND DOLLARS! I was stoked! Finally a reputable card with a reputable CL with the lowest APR to date. Things are looking good. I'm thinking about applying for the Platinum card (CSR said it'd be wise to wait a month) and then dump the other 3 cards with the minimal limits. However, I'm still researching on here figuring out if that's the best thing I should do.

WOW!!! Congrats!!! Your story is very inspirational!!! GOOD LUCK in your credit endeavors & rebuilding journey!!! Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 24
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Thanks guys! At what point does DCU start accepting? Do I have a shot now or do I have to wait?
Personal:

Business:

Message 22 of 24
creditFiend
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 23 of 24
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your progress! Whenver you think of those old payments just be thankful for them becuase they helped you get where you are now!

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.