Super Contributor

Re: Capital One credit limit increases

congrats

Message 21 of 26
enriquejrios
New Visitor

Hello, 

Just wanted to say, I did a lot of research about CLI on Capital One and often felt let down to see it was nearly impossible to get a CLI from them. I applied to Capital One back in December of 2013 and was approved for $300. Today, 05/11/2014, five months after just opening an account with them received my first CLI of $1,500 and without even asking for an increase! I was very surprised they increased my limit by a lot when people usually do not get any credit limit from them even when they have years using them. Now my credit limit is of $1,800 on Capital One. I guess the 30% margin utilization and paying in full does help a lot. My credit score has significantly improved. To many people wondering about getting an increase from them, it does happen, I really have no idea how they base on those CLI but just make sure you only use 30% of the credit and try to pay in full if you can, it worked for me. 

Capital One: $1,8K
Wells Fargo CC: $2K
Merrick Bank: $550
Message 22 of 26
kailer1977
New Visitor

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have a question. I got approved for a $500.00 credit limit. I want to use the card for everything which means i will use $500.00 in  a week then i want to pay the %500.00 and use it again the next week. is that a smart idea? or just use 500 during one month and make that 500 omnt one time?

Message 24 of 26
yoyo
Established Contributor

I would use all that you can and pay it off before the statements hits.....sometimes it takes 3 days for my payment to post so you would have to pay early. I`ve sen cli after the 2nd and 3rd statement...happened to me on my Sony and I'm still enrolled in credit steps.
Message 25 of 26
padme
Established Contributor

for last 6 months, the only way to get a C1 CLI is to apply and get another card, no CLI's for me... just another Venture...lmao

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.