cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One reopen, CLI, PC (not technically, but sort of)

tag
gnarlycow
Valued Member

Capital One reopen, CLI, PC (not technically, but sort of)

Their EO is indeed a magical place.

I closed my platinum visa last July because I could not get them to give me any CLI for nearly three years. I was really mad at the $750 CL, so I closed it. Since it is my oldest card, I wish I hadn't closed it, especially considering there is no annual fee. But what's done is done, right? Well, I just emailed their EO a few days ago, basically whining about how their low credit line made me so sad that they lost a customer over it. I asked them to reopen my account, and PC it to Quicksilver, and a CLI to $6K. I got a call two days later, and the man was very polite and professional. He reopened my account after verifying my identity, and said he couldn't PC my card but he added the 1.5% rewards program. He also put in a CLI increase and said an underwriter would have to manually review my request. The next day, I logged into online banking and sure enough my account was reopened and shows a CL of $5K. Not the full $6K I requested, but I'll definitely take thatSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One reopen, CLI, PC (not technically, but sort of)

@gnarlycow wrote:

Their EO is indeed a magical place.

I closed my platinum visa last July because I could not get them to give me any CLI for nearly three years. I was really mad at the $750 CL, so I closed it. Since it is my oldest card, I wish I hadn't closed it, especially considering there is no annual fee. But what's done is done, right? Well, I just emailed their EO a few days ago, basically whining about how their low credit line made me so sad that they lost a customer over it. I asked them to reopen my account, and PC it to Quicksilver, and a CLI to $6K. I got a call two days later, and the man was very polite and professional. He reopened my account after verifying my identity, and said he couldn't PC my card but he added the 1.5% rewards program. He also put in a CLI increase and said an underwriter would have to manually review my request. The next day, I logged into online banking and sure enough my account was reopened and shows a CL of $5K. Not the full $6K I requested, but I'll definitely take thatSmiley Happy

This is one of the reasons I thank myFICO...I would have NEVER known about the EO route otherwise. 

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 2 of 11
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Indeed the EO is a magical place. 

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 3 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Now that is satisfaction at it's best with that lender. So happy for you that someone took your concerns seriously enough to make up for some of the past disappointments with them.

Congrats!
Message 4 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Wow! Congrats!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 11
phonic
Contributor

I had discussed my experiences in a different thread, but I had almost the exact same result as you. I didn't close my account yet, but was going to until people suggested I go the EO route. They PC'd me to QS and gave me a $5k CLI (requested $10k). The CSR mentioned that their policies usually only allow a CLI of a certain amount per request, so it might indicate why we didn't get the full amount we asked for. My starting CL was $500. 

But yes, their EO is awesome. 

Limits: PRG=NPSL, CSP=$16k, BCP=$30k, DIT=$15k, USAA=$6k, CDW=$12.5k, IHG=$9k, BBY=$2k, BOA=$13k
Message 6 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Well done and nice they were able to reinstate/reopen the account... a rarity in any form for Capital One.

Message 7 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Wow getting Cap-1 to re open a closed account is like finding a needle in a haystack, way to go, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 9 of 11
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats...wow, did not even know that a closed account could be reopened...Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.