Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one in giving mood!!!!

tag
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital one in giving mood!!!!

@traveler2005 wrote:

I decided to log into my capital one accounts and see if I could get credit line increases. Capital one has been good to me in the past, giving me credit when I couldn't get it elsewhere.  Here are my results

1.  1000  to 1500  quicksilver one

2.  1000 to 1500   quicksilver one

3.   500  to 2500   platinum   and did a product change to quicksilver one. This surprised me because I had always been rejected on CLI before

4.   600  to 3600   platinum and did a product change to quicksilver one.   This surprised me because I had always been rejected on CLI before

I still have one card at 500.00 limit that I cannot get an increase on, it was an old card that was transferred from another company to cap one. Does anyone know why they wont CLI this card?

I have built my credit up and don't really need these cards but they really help my utilization, having been increased by $6000.00 in less than 5 minutes.

It has taken a long time, almost 3 years of plugging along down the credit road, but now with increased limits, and having added AE and Chase to my wallet in the past 6 months. I feel like I am heading towards the right direction.

I owe it all to My fico! 

Congrats on your CLI's Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 31 of 35
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@traveler2005 wrote:

@efranklin23 wrote:

@traveler2005 wrote:

I decided to log into my capital one accounts and see if I could get credit line increases. Capital one has been good to me in the past, giving me credit when I couldn't get it elsewhere.  Here are my results

1.  1000  to 1500  quicksilver one

2.  1000 to 1500   quicksilver one

3.   500  to 2500   platinum   and did a product change to quicksilver one. This surprised me because I had always been rejected on CLI before

4.   600  to 3600   platinum and did a product change to quicksilver one.   This surprised me because I had always been rejected on CLI before

I still have one card at 500.00 limit that I cannot get an increase on, it was an old card that was transferred from another company to cap one. Does anyone know why they wont CLI this card?

I have built my credit up and don't really need these cards but they really help my utilization, having been increased by $6000.00 in less than 5 minutes.

It has taken a long time, almost 3 years of plugging along down the credit road, but now with increased limits, and having added AE and Chase to my wallet in the past 6 months. I feel like I am heading towards the right direction.

I owe it all to My fico! 

Congrats on the CLIs! And was that old company that became CAP1 Orchard Bank by any chance?

Yes, it was an orchard bank card, 2 other orchard bank cards got the big increases, but this card wasn't eligible. I believe I know why. Before Christmas I requested an increase, was denied, but they apparently gave me a $100.00 increase without my knowledge, so it hasn't been 6 mo. I emailed the EO about that card and my sony card that has only had 1 increase in 2 years. Hope to hear from them this week.

Yea I know for sure that HSBC and Orchard Bank cards accounts were frozen from CLIs when they were bought out by Cap1. It was a process of orgainzing the debt according to a report that Cap1 wrote a couple of years ago. But congrats and it's good to see that CAp1 is issuing CLIs through those recent acquisitioned accounts now.  

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 32 of 35
HawaiianSkwerl
Established Member

Congrats to all on their CapOne CLI's!!

Unfortunately that's my lowest limit card, and my OLDEST! I'm in the green with them for 5 years on all of my reports. I'm at a loss, lol. I was auto CLI'd last year for the first time...and the last. Maybe I just ask for the increases at bad times. Either way, I see Capital One as my ultimate challenge to garden. I will prevail!! Smiley Wink

FICO | TU 688 / EQ 680 / EX 710 | ---------- GOAL | 800 |

[ Gardening Til 2015 ] "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Message 33 of 35
traveler2005
Established Contributor

@HawaiianSkwerl wrote:

Congrats to all on their CapOne CLI's!!

Unfortunately that's my lowest limit card, and my OLDEST! I'm in the green with them for 5 years on all of my reports. I'm at a loss, lol. I was auto CLI'd last year for the first time...and the last. Maybe I just ask for the increases at bad times. Either way, I see Capital One as my ultimate challenge to garden. I will prevail!! Smiley Wink

Have you tried tried calling or emailing the EO office. The first 2 500.00 increases about 6 months were obtained this way. The other increases were through the love button. How is your utilization when you hit the button for an increase?  Do you use the card frequently? If it has been more than 6 months and you have made at least 3 payments in the last year, and you don't have a lot of inquires, I would call the EO number or send a email to the EO. Best wishes

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 34 of 35
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

I recently tried and received the 10 day message. Im hoping its a yes but probably not.  Im trying to change my 600 limit.

Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.