Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit (GE) Approved!

tag
toi34
Established Contributor

Care Credit (GE) Approved!

I waited for my TU to report 1% util and applied this morning.  It was nerve racking because the program was 'thinking and spinning' for about 10 seconds...LOL! I only asked for $500 because other banks have only granted me this amount, and I didn't want to be denied for asking for too much.

I was approved for $1500! The approval screen said to call in 48 hours to request a higher limit.

How much should I ask for? Do posters usually get 3x...should I request 3x?

...So happy!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Care Credit (GE) Approved!

Congrats Smiley Happy

In my persual of many credit forums I would suggest you ask for something that will be realistic for you. I have also read that those who request huge limits 10k+ are likely to get CLD as this particular card from GECRB must actually be used up to close to your CL. This is one that should not be SD for any length of time.

Message 2 of 21
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 21
toi34
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Congrats Smiley Happy

In my persual of many credit forums I would suggest you ask for something that will be realistic for you. I have also read that those who request huge limits 10k+ are likely to get CLD as this particular card from GECRB must actually be used up to close to your CL. This is one that should not be SD for any length of time.

Good to know. Realistically I don't think I will even use close to $1500, I plan to get a crown and to use it primarily for on-going vet care for my house rabbit.

Message 4 of 21
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! At the time I got mine I had a $300 and a $500 card and was approved for $5000. It helps with utilization. The most I have used it was for $300. I almost feel out of my chair when I was approved. It also helped me get the limits I have now. Good Luck !

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 21
aqualife
Valued Member

@coldnmn wrote:

Congrats! At the time I got mine I had a $300 and a $500 card and was approved for $5000. It helps with utilization. The most I have used it was for $300. I almost feel out of my chair when I was approved. It also helped me get the limits I have now. Good Luck !

Hello there, do you mind sharing how long it took to show up on your credit reports and if it increased your score? I'm wondering if it shows up as a credit card or an installment loan? That's so encouraging to hear it helped you get your limits now because I also just got recently approved for $5000 and I only had a $800 and $1500 credit card at time of approval. Lastly, if you don't mind me asking, how long until you applied for another card after receiving the Care Credit card for $5000? Thank you in advance. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 21
aqualife
Valued Member

@toi34 wrote:

I waited for my TU to report 1% util and applied this morning.  It was nerve racking because the program was 'thinking and spinning' for about 10 seconds...LOL! I only asked for $500 because other banks have only granted me this amount, and I didn't want to be denied for asking for too much.

I was approved for $1500! The approval screen said to call in 48 hours to request a higher limit.

How much should I ask for? Do posters usually get 3x...should I request 3x?

...So happy!

Congratulations!!! I was approved for CareCredit earlier this week and was surprised to get $5000. I called within the 48 hour time frame listed on the approval page to request for an additional $11,000 (as I figured they would counter to even a thousand lol) and was denied and told it was a hard pull. Smiley Sad Hopefully you'll have better luck! Smiley Happy Fingers are crossed for you.

Message 7 of 21
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@aqualife wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Hello there, do you mind sharing how long it took to show up on your credit reports and if it increased your score? I'm wondering if it shows up as a credit card or an installment loan? That's so encouraging to hear it helped yrememberget your limits now because I also just got recently approved for $5000 and I only had a $800 and $1500 credit card at time of approval. Lastly, if you don't mind me asking, how long until you applied for another card after receiving the Care Credit card for $5000? Thank you in advance. Smiley Happy

It reports to all three fairly quick as cc. I got my ace about 8 months after with a starting limit of $4000 and 8 months after That I got an auto CLI. I think my PayPal and walmart store card $700 since upgraded to Discover was in between somewhere. I spread my apps pretty far apart over the last three years luckily finding the forum before getting a bunch of toy limit cards and looking desperate for credit. My flexPerks is a year old this month. I have never had more than 3 inquiries on any one credit report. I really can't remember if my score went up sorry.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 21
toi34
Established Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Thanks! I'm just going to request $5000 because I don't want to be denied. I hope I get it because I really need to get out of the $500 starting credit limit rut. I'll post the outcome tomorrow. Fingers crossed Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 21
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

congrats great card! I have been thinking about getting it myself

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.