Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit Question

tag
RnJ
Contributor

CareCredit Question

DH was in for dental work today and without proper explanation/permission, they pulled report for CareCredit (approved, but low limit, was a suprise since CR is excellent) - regardless of the miscommunication, now that he has this new account, what is the typical time-frame to ask for immediate CLI?  Immediately, 24 hours or 48 hours?  Card won't arrive for 7-10 business days.  Plan to use automated prompts on phone since can't register account online yet.  Need the CLI as the current utilization is way too high for our comfort level (never beyond 1%, the dentist charges and approval limit take util to 25%, NOT happy/comfortable with that at all!

Thanks for any advice!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Re: CareCredit Question

@RnJ wrote:

DH was in for dental work today and without proper explanation/permission, they pulled report for CareCredit (approved, but low limit, was a suprise since CR is excellent) - regardless of the miscommunication, now that he has this new account, what is the typical time-frame to ask for immediate CLI?  Immediately, 24 hours or 48 hours?  Card won't arrive for 7-10 business days.  Plan to use automated prompts on phone since can't register account online yet.  Need the CLI as the current utilization is way too high for our comfort level (never beyond 1%, the dentist charges and approval limit take util to 25%, NOT happy/comfortable with that at all!

Thanks for any advice!

I called the automated number right after approval and asked for more and they increased it right away.

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 2 of 11
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@waynes1982 wrote:

@RnJ wrote:

Thanks for any advice!

I called the automated number right after approval and asked for more and they increased it right away.

+1.  Most have had success with this method within 24 hrs.

BTW, Care Credit tends to report right away.   My account reported the next day to EX with a zero balance.  As soon as the charge approved, the balance updated and that was also reported to the CRs right away.  So it's possible that your 25% UTIL will report, even with a CLI (that might not report until the statement closes, but YMMV).   Of course, FICO has no memory, so the effect of UTIL could be quite short-lived.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 3 of 11
RnJ
Contributor

Thank you so much for the responses!  Bit the bullet and called for a CLI, it was easy, and they took us to 20K with no question, nice!  This only a mere 6 hours after the dental visit.  Don't know if sheer luck or what, but we'll take it Smiley Happy  I'll not worry about the first month util reporting, but glad you mentioned it, it won't hurt too bad Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@RnJ wrote:

Thank you so much for the responses!  Bit the bullet and called for a CLI, it was easy, and they took us to 20K with no question, nice!  This only a mere 6 hours after the dental visit.  Don't know if sheer luck or what, but we'll take it Smiley Happy  I'll not worry about the first month util reporting, but glad you mentioned it, it won't hurt too bad Smiley Happy

Congrats!   That's definitely a much better cushion!

The CLI reflects on your account immediately, so hopefully that new CL will report with your posted balance.   With the way you timed your CLI request, it's very likely to happen just that way.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 11
RnJ
Contributor

Thanks, again, Sunrise - I think I can live with one month reporting the original util if that happens, but man, was I ticked, LOL (neither of us needed nor wanted this card, I think DH felt pressured at the dentist this morning and it was done before he had the chance to say "what"?!)  Anyway, the CLI sort of makes up for my ire and I guess may come in handy for the future.

Message 6 of 11
Faust

Way to go on the CLI. Smiley Happy

It can definitely come in handy when you get some major work done. They frequently (always?) have 0% APR offers which I've used at the dentist.

Message 7 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@RnJ wrote:

Grats in your new card & immediate super good CLI Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
RnJ
Contributor

Thanks, you're all so right, he does need more work done several months from now and it will definitely come in handy since as we all know, dental insurance sucks and only covers so much/deductible etc.

Message 9 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

@RnJ wrote:

congrats

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.