cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Approval with BK reporting

tag
mhopper321

Chase Approval with BK reporting

Alright so I think I've posted to these forums a few times before but I know for certain that the long road from a BK in 2008 could've been much shorter had I known about this site years ago! 

Short history

BK7 discharged in March 2008

About 7 different auto loans all paid off early (None currently)

Few rebuilder cards from Cap One(x3) once they aquired HSBC, Credit one, walmart, paypal etc but always had no success with major cards. 

In 2012 I decided I wanted to buy a house. Scores were in the low 620's because I didn't understand the impact of maxed out cards. Paid cards off and in 60 days scores hit the 700 mark from lender pulls. Paid off two small loans and voila bought my first house and closed September of 2013. Scores now all three just over 700

Got a decent card from Barclays but only a 1500 limit originally. Less than a month after closing on the house I opened a Credit union card with a 3500 limit to help with some remodel stuff and walked out of the building and called Barclays who then also upped my limit to 3500.

Fear of rejection from major banks caused me to not apply to any until yesterday. I have several Chase accounts for checking and savings and run a fairly decent amount through checking each month. Savings accounts all have decent balances as well and are added to regularly.

Applied online for Chase Freedom to see about getting a 0% card and it gave me the 10 day notice. Called the back door number thanks to this forum!!! Guy put me on hold for a few and came back and said he approved it with a 5K limit! Now my largest limit and 0% and rewards!!!! TRIPLE SCORE!

I know the short term and long term implications of my next move I did today but I did it anyway to test a theory. I called and canceled my Paypal, Walmart and Credit one cards today to get rid of cards I never use and to reduce the amount of subprime cards I have open. Also reduces my chances of idenity theft since I never use them and rarely even pay attention to those accounts. Pretty sure they've all been inactive for at least 6 months to a year. 

I know Chase and Barclays check up on you quite often from everything I've read so I am hoping they see this as a sign that I'm done with crap cards and not afraid to shred useless ones. I also no longer carry blances on anything. A really good job provides that luxury thank god. I run what I can through them and don't buy anything I don't have enough cash for. Usually push a couple grand a month through for points. 

Anyways, long story short Chase will approve with a BK reporting but I'm sure that is situation dependent. Thank you all for sharing info and my next goal is the Amex later this year. Gonna Garden till I ask for higher limits in about 3-6 months. Thinking about using my 0% card to pay off my signature loans in the mean time! 

Question though before I close, How often does Chase do CLI's? Do they give auto CLI's or do you have to hard pull each time?

Rebuilding from BK7 in January of 08
Multiple auto loans since
Current scores: 711 EQ, 714 TU, 700 EX
Goal Scores: 720+ on all 3
Card Mix:
CapOne Plat-1000
HSBC-700
Credit One-500(CLOSED)
Paypal-300(CLOSED)
WalMart-300(CLOSED)
CapOne Cash Reward-1500
Barclay Rewards-3500
PSCU Plat Rewards-3500
CHASE FREEDOM-5000
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Approval with BK reporting

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 24
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Chase recon comes through again, Congrats. They will do auto CLI occasionally but any increase you request will be HP 99.9% of the time.
Message 3 of 24
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:
Chase recon comes through again, Congrats. They will do auto CLI occasionally but any increase you request will be HP 99.9% of the time.

Exactly. Congrats on all your success and determination!

Message 4 of 24
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Wow, that's great! Congratulations on the approval and your excellent job of rebuilding!

Message 5 of 24
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Nice Rebound!

Congrats! on your attractive 5k Chase approval
Message 6 of 24
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

Congrats and nicely done journey.  As for Chase, as others have said a requested cli is most always a hp.  Howver, use the card and start looking aroung the 3-4-5th statement and they might surprise you with an auto cli.  Once again, congrats.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 7 of 24
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 24
mhopper321

I almost pulled the trigger and appliad to Amex last night too but I figured I can wait a little longer. I don't nneed any of these but the Amex is the trophy I want

Rebuilding from BK7 in January of 08
Multiple auto loans since
Current scores: 711 EQ, 714 TU, 700 EX
Goal Scores: 720+ on all 3
Card Mix:
CapOne Plat-1000
HSBC-700
Credit One-500(CLOSED)
Paypal-300(CLOSED)
WalMart-300(CLOSED)
CapOne Cash Reward-1500
Barclay Rewards-3500
PSCU Plat Rewards-3500
CHASE FREEDOM-5000
Message 9 of 24
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@mhopper321 wrote:

Alright so I think I've posted to these forums a few times before but I know for certain that the long road from a BK in 2008 could've been much shorter had I known about this site years ago! 

Short history

BK7 discharged in March 2008

About 7 different auto loans all paid off early (None currently)

Few rebuilder cards from Cap One(x3) once they aquired HSBC, Credit one, walmart, paypal etc but always had no success with major cards. 

In 2012 I decided I wanted to buy a house. Scores were in the low 620's because I didn't understand the impact of maxed out cards. Paid cards off and in 60 days scores hit the 700 mark from lender pulls. Paid off two small loans and voila bought my first house and closed September of 2013. Scores now all three just over 700

Got a decent card from Barclays but only a 1500 limit originally. Less than a month after closing on the house I opened a Credit union card with a 3500 limit to help with some remodel stuff and walked out of the building and called Barclays who then also upped my limit to 3500.

Fear of rejection from major banks caused me to not apply to any until yesterday. I have several Chase accounts for checking and savings and run a fairly decent amount through checking each month. Savings accounts all have decent balances as well and are added to regularly.

Applied online for Chase Freedom to see about getting a 0% card and it gave me the 10 day notice. Called the back door number thanks to this forum!!! Guy put me on hold for a few and came back and said he approved it with a 5K limit! Now my largest limit and 0% and rewards!!!! TRIPLE SCORE!

I know the short term and long term implications of my next move I did today but I did it anyway to test a theory. I called and canceled my Paypal, Walmart and Credit one cards today to get rid of cards I never use and to reduce the amount of subprime cards I have open. Also reduces my chances of idenity theft since I never use them and rarely even pay attention to those accounts. Pretty sure they've all been inactive for at least 6 months to a year. 

I know Chase and Barclays check up on you quite often from everything I've read so I am hoping they see this as a sign that I'm done with crap cards and not afraid to shred useless ones. I also no longer carry blances on anything. A really good job provides that luxury thank god. I run what I can through them and don't buy anything I don't have enough cash for. Usually push a couple grand a month through for points. 

Anyways, long story short Chase will approve with a BK reporting but I'm sure that is situation dependent. Thank you all for sharing info and my next goal is the Amex later this year. Gonna Garden till I ask for higher limits in about 3-6 months. Thinking about using my 0% card to pay off my signature loans in the mean time! 

Question though before I close, How often does Chase do CLI's? Do they give auto CLI's or do you have to hard pull each time?

Congrats Smiley Happy very nice

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.