Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI only $500

tag
fdiggy
New Contributor

Chase CLI only $500

I called took the Hard pull and they only added $500 for a total $3,500, i asked for $7,000 total.

$58,000 year/700 FICO

My BOA card is $5,000

I have had Chase about 14 months always paid in full.

I figured they would match BOA at the least.

Starting Score: 701
Current Score: EX-FICO701 EQ-FICO644 TU-FICO724 all lender pulls April 2nd 2013
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase CLI only $500

Sorry you got a Hp for $500. Since your account is 14 mos old, did they give you any auto CLI's? If so, when was the last one?
Message 2 of 11
fdiggy
New Contributor

No autos either.

Starting Score: 701
Current Score: EX-FICO701 EQ-FICO644 TU-FICO724 all lender pulls April 2nd 2013
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@fdiggy wrote:

I called took the Hard pull and they only added $500 for a total $3,500, i asked for $7,000 total.

$58,000 year/700 FICO

My BOA card is $5,000

I have had Chase about 14 months always paid in full.

I figured they would match BOA at the least.

I REALLY feel Chase has merged their business to opening offers... They want customers to get new cards... They want you to have Amazon, Southwest, Freedom, CSP, etc.  You have a better chance getting your CLI on your 2nd and third account... My partner was given a Freedom when he opened a car loan back in 2010 I think for $1k... He had NOTHING of sorts in I can only assume mid 700's... he actually used it a bit when we started dating and was auto CLI to $1500.  Applied and approved instantly for Slate for $9k... This falls into what I would say is an average starting CL for him minus Macy's and a recent 2nd Citi Card.

I REFUSE to take a HP and ask them for any increases... I DONT GET IT... the model they seem to use makes NO SENSE... it's like Discover and CLI... Why do you need a HP from me to give $500-$1k, I don't see why you need HP at all for CLI but if you historically don't give double increases, etc. why HP, what can't be done with SP?

Message 4 of 11
02whiteem2
Established Member

This is exactly why i won't let chase HP me. Wasn't elgible for the 0% promotion when approved, almost 2 yrs no CLI and won't let me PC my Slate to freedom w/o a HP. I took the HP i was gonna use on them and gave it to DCU and got a CC with a nice limit and APR. I'm done with Chase. They refuse to give me a straight answer as to why they dont trust me. I'll stick with my IT card.

Message 5 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah! You guys/gals get it! Why should we uneccesarily incur inquiries for clis on existing accounts?
There's someone around here that thinks banks should all hp for clis. I can't remember who it is though?
A creditor has nothing to gain but revenue by increasing an existing accountholder's credit line.
Heh.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 11
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Recon through the executive office. They did the exact same thing to me. Reconned through EO and got what I asked for.
Message 7 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

Can u tell us more about your credit profile?

I took 1 inquiry hit and got CLIs across my 3 cards. It was a pretty significant increase. Then they said they are writing to experian to have the inquiry removed since I stated I didn't want a HP initially and would rather get no CLI if a hp is required and they went ahead and pulled a new inquiry. I did it through their executive office though so try giving them a call.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@boomhower wrote:
Recon through the executive office. They did the exact same thing to me. Reconned through EO and got what I asked for.

This ^^^

Good luck to you!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 11
p-
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@boomhower wrote:

This ^^^

Good luck to you!!! Smiley Happy

+2

recon recon recon!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.