cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom APPROVED (and I'm shocked!)

tag
GCM415
Established Member

Chase Freedom APPROVED (and I'm shocked!)

So like many others, after reading through many threads, I decided to app for the Chase Freedom. I really didn't expect to get instantly approved, and I actually had the recon number in hand ready to go, but they gave me $2k starting limit. I just pulled my EX from Myfico on Friday, and it was 650. My profile isn't that great, as I have a $28 charged off utitlity bill, and 5 unpaid medical collections, with 2 of them from 3/2011. My revolving credit started in 7/2011, so it's almost 3yrs old with no lates, and 15% utilization showing on 1 of my 2 credit cards (Navy is $7k limit, and Fifth Third is $2k). My auto loans have also been paid on time for many years (long before I ever had a credit card), so maybe that helped. I really thought I had entirely too many derogatories to get in with Chase, 6 in total, but I sure am happy they decided to approve it!  Is Chase good with CLI's over time? Thanks to everyone on here for creating a place where people can get great advice!  I definitely would've been lost on my own. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom APPROVED (and I'm shocked!)

That's great....Congratulations!!!

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 2 of 11
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@GCM415 wrote:

So like many others, after reading through many threads, I decided to app for the Chase Freedom. I really didn't expect to get instantly approved, and I actually had the recon number in hand ready to go, but they gave me $2k starting limit. I just pulled my EX from Myfico on Friday, and it was 650. My profile isn't that great, as I have a $28 charged off utitlity bill, and 5 unpaid medical collections, with 2 of them from 3/2011. My revolving credit started in 7/2011, so it's almost 3yrs old with no lates, and 15% utilization showing on 1 of my 2 credit cards (Navy is $7k limit, and Fifth Third is $2k). My auto loans have also been paid on time for many years (long before I ever had a credit card), so maybe that helped. I really thought I had entirely too many derogatories to get in with Chase, 6 in total, but I sure am happy they decided to approve it!  Is Chase good with CLI's over time? Thanks to everyone on here for creating a place where people can get great advice!  I definitely would've been lost on my own. 

congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@GCM415 wrote:

Congrats to your success with Chase, enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
CreditRookie22
Contributor

I'm thinking about app for this card but I heard they mostly always hp for a cli.
Message 5 of 11
Jitdc2
New Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

I pulled the trigger as well and app'd for this card today. I was nervous, 60 day late on a student loan that posted to my credit report October of last year, FICO between 690-715. Approved for 6k instantly. I have several accounts with Chase and a strong W2, AU on my wifes CSP as well. Perhaps my relationship with Chase helps but I'm very excited to be approved!

Message 6 of 11
antdave93
Regular Contributor

Congratulations

Was only experian they pulled?

Thanks

Message 7 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 11
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!!!

I have been waiting to pull the trigger for a while now...maybe soon.

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 9 of 11
GCM415
Established Member

So a quick update, as this is very strange. I've had Scorewatch for awhile now, and I hadn't gotten one of my two Score Power Reports yet for the year, so on Friday I ordered it and got an EQ of 600.  I assumed that Chase would pull EXP (which is 650 via Myfico), but as it turns out, they pulled EQ (they might also have pulled EXP, but I'm not sure yet).  Now the weird thing is that I app'd for a CLI last night with Navy, app'd for Discover IT (which pulled a 631 EQ) and was declined. Navy hasn't shown up as an inquiry yet, and I got the 3-5 day message. They did call today to ask me for my paycheck stubs, which I sent to them, so my CLI was granted, but I'm not sure who they pulled from yet.

At any rate, the weird thing is that today I get the typical Score Watch alert and logged in to see the damage from the inquiries, and to my surprise, my FICO score went up to 608 on EQ.  I mean, why would it go up 8 points with the new inquiries, when according to my Score Power report from Friday, I was at 600. Oh, and my EQ report shows SEVEN derogatories, so it's even worse than I orignally explained it.  I'm really quite surprised I was instantly approved. Any thoughts on this?  Thanks again everyone!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.