Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI

tag
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CLI

let me know how it goes. I too am pif multiple times per month, 3 so far in January lol I dont want to risk a HP, but let me know how it turns out for you.

I say go for the HP! haha but thats just me being curious, so dont, unless you want to Smiley Wink

from what I can gather, chase is always HP and rarely does an auto CLI, but seems to not be too bad when you request one. who knows, but good luck!

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 11 of 16
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I wonder how many CLI Chase grants to customers who have had the card for less than a month... probably not many.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 12 of 16
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I was just approved for the Freedom 1/10. I applied on 12/22. I haven't received my card yet. I got a $1000 credit limit. I asked for more but they said that is all they can give me at this time and try for a CLI in 6 months so that is what I plan to do. I've heard that all CLI requests through Chase are hard pulls. Let us know how it goes. I'm curious.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 13 of 16
maleck15
Established Member

I just want to say how much I appreciate these forums.  I have learned so much about credit and how to use it.  I have a chase freedom that I opened up about 2 years ago with a starting cl of 1500.  I have tried to get cli but I was always denied.  Today I tried again and of course, I was denied.  I looked in the forums and I decided to try and backdoor number and recon.  I spoke to a very nice lady and simply told her how much I loved chase and want a little more spending room.  I asked for double my limit (3000) and she asked me a few questions about my credit past and certain accounts.  After a few minutes on hold, she said congragulations, I will able to approve your request.  You dont know how happy I am. 

Message 14 of 16
honky
Regular Contributor

In your shoes, I wouldn't ask for a CLI.  You will probably be better served getting another card elsewhere with a higher limit If you are planning on apping for a CSP in the near future.  You do already have a limit over 5k, so that shouldn't be an issue on your future CSP app.  

Generally speaking, it is better to get a different Chase product as you will get a higher limit on a new card than they would give you for a cli with the same HP.  It has been true for me.  Chase first gave me 5k, then 8k, then 18k all on new cards.  I doubt they would have given 31k total CLI on my Freedom with 2 hps.

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 15 of 16
honky
Regular Contributor

lol, just saw the date of original post

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.