Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Recon Success!!

tag
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Recon Success!!

Your story gives me hope! Congrats! I applied for CSP last night was declined twice after recon. Then I app'd for the Freedom this morning and was declined but the recon was successful with approval after final review. My fico is 702 and I have a 9 yr 4 mo BK that will fall off in August. I am pretty sure it will go through and your limit is very generous. Congrats again! Smiley Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 11 of 14
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@racer-x wrote:

Congrats.  They pulled EQ?  What state/city are you in?  myfico EQ is my best score and doesn't show my (1) paid collection that TU and EX show

Do you know if CHASE always pull EQ?.

Chase pulls EX in NY.

Message 12 of 14
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@nymets010 wrote:

I did try to recon with the others. Discover said they wont over turn any initial decision, just to re apply in 45 days. BOA said my credit file wasnt strong enough after my repo. ( I have one Cap one card with 500 cl and a car loan on my credit file, on time for 2 years) Amex reviewed my app, only to deny me again. Anyone have any recon success with the others?

Chase is the only card who really does a true recon, at least thats my experience.

I was also approved for a Wells Fargo Platinum Rewards card about a month ago when i opened my checking account there. They actually gave me a 2,500 limit!

I live in Florida and my EQ Fico is 626. My report has one negative, a TD Auto repo from 2010. They keep reporting it every month, so when creditors look at my file, it looks like the repo just happened! SMH...Also have a lot of inquiries. I tried to buy a house this summer/fall and kept trying different banks. So now ill wait about 6 months or so and let the new cards bump my score a bit!

Barclays is known to be recon friendly.

Message 13 of 14
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Sometimes getting through the door is the hardest part of getting credit, but once your in it is only a matter of time before you build that relationship and start to harvest the benefiets. Congrats

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.