Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom approved but....

tag
rogersave
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom approved but....

yea I agree that's not much "freedom" lol. Think I will just wait til my discover card posts on cr then try to recon maybe

Equifax 712 transunion 693experian 673
Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000
Message 11 of 14
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Just wait 6 months and apply for a cli.  Never heard of a 200 fredom limit, chase gave me a 500 limit after recon on my freedom even though my next lowest limit is 3500 (my only baddies were inquiries and new accounts).  Im just gonna wait a year and app for a cli once all my inquiries age off. 

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Dustink wrote:

@rogersave wrote:

Ok the good news, applied for a freedom card called backdoor number and after explaining my past situation and answering a few other questions I was approved! Now the weird part, I got approved with a 200 dollar limit(never heard them giving limits so low) My reports are clean just waiting for COs to age. Recently approved for a  Discover IT card with a 1700 dollar limit that hasnt hit reports yet(told him I was approved like 2 weeks ago) Im extremely happy to get my foot in the door with Chase but the limit is tough. Shoild I call and recon on credit limit tmw? BTW my income is 120,000

Are you the same person as "@Anonymous"

You both have IT's with 1700 limits.

Unlikely; in fairness since limits tend to have increases measured in steps of 100, 1700 while a little unusual statistically, isn't a freak occurance.

It is interesting to see the $200 CL from Chase though; anything which makes decent credit cards more accessible is an absolute win in my book.  Except for when the revolving categories are either restaurants or possibly gas that limit would not be an issue for me.  Even that could be obviated by making multiple payments which is trivial these days, 4 minutes instead of 1 in a given month.  Go go technology.

        
Message 13 of 14
rogersave
Regular Contributor

no not scottinla21. I have actually read of a few people on this board getting 1700 credit limit from discover. As for the freedom I will hope it grows with me. Very happy to get 2 good cards from discover and chase in the last few weeks. Off to the garden for me...

Equifax 712 transunion 693experian 673
Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.