cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom -- denied, APPROVED AFTER RECON!

tag
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom -- denied, APPROVED AFTER RECON!

Never ever, ever , ever take NO for an answer!!!  If not yes next rep please!!! CONGRATS!! Be good to her!Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 41 of 52
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Haha..this was a fun thread to read. Such an encouraging community. Congratulations OP!!!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 42 of 52
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@annielorie wrote:

Never ever, ever , ever take NO for an answer!!!  If not yes next rep please!!! CONGRATS!! Be good to her!Smiley Happy

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 43 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the card!!  That's great!

Message 44 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

My situation was almost alike. 3 calls. 2 calls the night before, 1 the next morning. Called to confirm that the documents have been shredded (last app does not exist?)the night before, call again the next morning, (no such app exist). So I chose another card to apply, submit it, approved, called in to confirm the amount, take it, and that's my last app for the garden mode.

TU (Wal08) 679 (before the drop in balance)

EXP/EQ about the same???

First time apping on EXP/EQ since GEMB is all TU, Disc TU....TU, TU, TU.....

Message 45 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom -- denied, APPROVED AFTER RECON!

oy hoy.............i did apply for chase freedom 3 weeks ago.last week i got a deniel letter from chase the reason was NOT ENOUGH LONG CREDIT HISTORY.

so far i have capital one secured $200 and discover more $750 limit.

so after reading this forum a lot it did inspire me and i called chase back door number which is 1 880 245 0625.a lady rep answer i explain that i have i do have to other card and i useto have good credit history in uk.than she put me on hold after 2 min.SHE DENIED ME TOO.

i call again after 2 days another lady picked up was nice in the phone but denied again.lol  NO LUCK WITH LADYS

i decided to take one more last chance call again to day and a man picked up....at last.

i told even if it is a small limit i want to start with chase.than he took some of my information......which is very basic.put me on hold for 3.11 sec. and came back with APPROVE OF $500..

i have only 4 months credit history.so i now i think history dose not matter.

so all of you guys DO NOT GIVE UP.!!!!!!

Message 46 of 52
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Congrats!! I had to beg and plead for mine too a few months ago. I would have never done that before coming to these boards! Heck, I called 4 different times this week to get a cli on my Amazon card.....it took 3 no's to get a yes but it was worth it.
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 47 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi great to know that..........so right know how many card do you have????? and you start gardening now thats cool

can you tell me one thing what card i should apply now............i mean likely easy to get with good credit limit??????

Advance thanksSmiley Happy

Message 48 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom -- denied, worth a recon?

hi how are you........i need so advice i moved from uk last year so as you know as an new fresher i am still new in usa credit history. so far i manage to get capital one secured $200 discover more $750 and last week chase freedom $500 i dnt know my credit score yet.

so my question is what i sould apply now.........what card you think will give me good credit limit.

or if i apply for amex.........when and which card i should apply???

is it amex zync?????

and thanks in advanceSmiley Tongue

Message 49 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom -- denied, worth a recon?

Unfortunately the Amex Zync has been discontinued.  That being the case, I think it might be best for you to stand pat and wait for these two new cards to age before you go app crazy.  With basically no US credit history, it will be difficult for you to get many other cards.  In fact, I'm surprised you were approved by both Chase and Discover and would consider that a win.

So probably your best bet is to let these cards age about a little longer, and then either hope for a CLI or apply for a new card then.  I would say with the loss of the Amex Zync, you are probably unlikely to be approved for an Amex at this point.

Lastly, you may want to see about a product change from Discover More to Discover It.  I am pretty sure it is better in every way, but somebody can corect me if I'm wrong.

Message 50 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.