Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Hyatt approval - CL wow

tag
Nyru
Valued Member

Re: Chase Hyatt approval - CL wow

Congrats on the approval. I've had the chase hyatt card for about a year now. There are two free nights, plus 2 free upgrades, and a free room once a year (anniversary). That makes up for the $75 AF. 

As far as the perks, whenever I've given my hyatt number to the hotels, I've literally always been given a free room upgrade. On New Years, I received an upgrade at the downtown hyatt hotel to  a junior sweet for free. Don't be afraid to ask for upgrades to rooms!

Starting Score (2/15/13): EX (fako) 583// EQ FICO 634// TU FICO 658
Current Score (5/27/14): EX FICO 719// EQ FICO 742// TU FICO 729
Goal Scores: 740 on all.
CSP- 10K, United mileage explorer- 9k, Freedom- 5k, Barclays Arrival+ W.E.- 5k, Nordstrom- 6k, Chase Hyatt- 5k, Discover it- 5k, Slate- 4.5k, Amex Blue Cash- 1k.
Message 11 of 23
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Nice CL...Congrats!!!

*8/10/13
Message 12 of 23
enharu
Super Contributor

grats!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 23
vish1
Valued Contributor

grats for your upcoming wedding and for the great CL.

I am wondering why do you have that orchard card still in your wallet?

@jritch wrote:

Was just approved for the Chase Hyatt card with a CL of 24k. Was definitely not expecting that. 

Great sign-up bonus too. $100 credit statement on first purchase [just booked a long weekend in NYC] and 2 free nights at any Hyatt property after spending 1k in 3 months. Planning a honeymoon soon. I'm going to convince my fiance to app, too. Hello Maldives!

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 14 of 23
RhubarbPie
New Contributor

Yea they seem to be super generous with the credit limits for that card. We both just got ours, and booked 4 nights at the Hyatt in Tokyo for our anniversary week (and will use UR points, plus points from our spend on the card for a few nights at the Hyatt Kyoto). The Grand Hyatt in Tokyo is about 550-600/night after taxes and other fees, so it was basically a $2200 sign up bonus for the cards.

And even though the yearly free nights are for Cat 1-4, Hyatt has some pretty nice Cat 4's available. We'll have a Delta companion pass available at the end of the year (from Delta Plat), and then once our Hyatt free nights become available, we're going here for a long weekend: Escala Lodge - Park City

Message 15 of 23
hgtyunrtuynr

I have two Chase cards, one is a vanilla card with $4,000 limit, the other is the Marriott Premier Visa with $14,500 limit. Have 6 cards total, 5 with zero balance and 1 with $10,200 balance and $13,000 CL. Both Chase cards have zero balance. Just applied for this card and got instant approved for $18,500 CL. $105,000 stated income. EQ 720.

Message 16 of 23
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

This is my dream card congrats on approval and CL!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 17 of 23
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the card, CL, and especially the upcoming wedding.  Enjoy your honeymoon!

Message 18 of 23
Nyru
Valued Member

They seem to be really generous with that card. They approved me for $5k last year, when my CS at like a 620 and my reporting income was $42K. But it's a great card. I've had a great experience with it. You get treated like a king when you into a Hyatt w/ that card.

Starting Score (2/15/13): EX (fako) 583// EQ FICO 634// TU FICO 658
Current Score (5/27/14): EX FICO 719// EQ FICO 742// TU FICO 729
Goal Scores: 740 on all.
CSP- 10K, United mileage explorer- 9k, Freedom- 5k, Barclays Arrival+ W.E.- 5k, Nordstrom- 6k, Chase Hyatt- 5k, Discover it- 5k, Slate- 4.5k, Amex Blue Cash- 1k.
Message 19 of 23
HiLine
Blogger

That is the highest starting CL for a Chase card I've ever heard! Congratulations!!! Cat LOL

Sounds like Chase wants you to stay at the Hyatt a lot Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.