Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Approved!

tag
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred Approved!

You guys! 

I just got approved for the CSP card with a 5k limit.

It wasn't instant, and i had to recon twice to finally get it approved.

I applied on Saturday and got the pending notification. Having little hope and dissapointment i decided to let it go seeing as i was far from being approved. After reading the forum's successful recon stories on the card, i decided to do the same today and recon.

Called up earlier, a nice lady helped me but unfortunately she was not able to approve me because of "too many inquiries". I explained how i was ignorant in the credit world and how i applied for credit everywhere once i was eligible not knowing the consequences (this forum has taught me so much).

So i decided to try one more time and see what can happen. This chill rep answered and asked me about my inquiries and why I wanted the card. 

Put me on hold for 5 mins and came with an approval of 5k. 

I literally was shaking when he told me I was approved and all I remember saying was "Thank you". 

I kindly asked him if he could rush ship the card and it only took a few minutes.

I'm literally done apping for a very long time. All I am going to do is garden and let my cards grow. No more apps for 2013.

I can't thank this forum enough for all your support and successful stories. I'm glad i'm a member of this site because I have learned so much and still am.

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Approved!

Nice, Congrats on the approval! Your persistence paid off. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 11
colindidit
Established Contributor

Congrats
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 3 of 11
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Thank you so much!

I'm so happy. I feel like i reached a milestone in my credit journey with the help of this site.

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Message 4 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:

You guys! 

I just got approved for the CSP card with a 5k limit.

It wasn't instant, and i had to recon twice to finally get it approved.

I applied on Saturday and got the pending notification. Having little hope and dissapointment i decided to let it go seeing as i was far from being approved. After reading the forum's successful recon stories on the card, i decided to do the same today and recon.

Called up earlier, a nice lady helped me but unfortunately she was not able to approve me because of "too many inquiries". I explained how i was ignorant in the credit world and how i applied for credit everywhere once i was eligible not knowing the consequences (this forum has taught me so much).

So i decided to try one more time and see what can happen. This chill rep answered and asked me about my inquiries and why I wanted the card. 

Put me on hold for 5 mins and came with an approval of 5k. 

I literally was shaking when he told me I was approved and all I remember saying was "Thank you". 

I kindly asked him if he could rush ship the card and it only took a few minutes.

I'm literally done apping for a very long time. All I am going to do is garden and let my cards grow. No more apps for 2013.

I can't thank this forum enough for all your support and successful stories. I'm glad i'm a member of this site because I have learned so much and still am.

CONGRATS!!!!

Thats my next big prime card, next year!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 11
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 6 of 11
severine
Contributor

Congratulations, nice work! I agree that this forum has porvided me with a wealth of information and useful tools and strategies. I love my CSP and have had nothing but good experiences with Chase in general.

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 7 of 11
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

You got approved for a CSP with scores in the mid 600s? and with a 5K limit to boot?

That is indeed impressive, I had to recon for my Chase Freedom and only ended up getting a $500 limit and my score was right around yours.

Message 8 of 11
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

@severine wrote:

Congratulations, nice work! I agree that this forum has porvided me with a wealth of information and useful tools and strategies. I love my CSP and have had nothing but good experiences with Chase in general.

Thank you. I totally agree with you.

Chase was my first prime bank that approved me for the freedom. 

Started at 1k and now it's at 5k. 

Chase has been very good to me and i plan on giving them my business for a very long time. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Message 9 of 11
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

@Denny33142 wrote:

You got approved for a CSP with scores in the mid 600s? and with a 5K limit to boot?

That is indeed impressive, I had to recon for my Chase Freedom and only ended up getting a $500 limit and my score was right around yours.

I'm just as shocked that my scores got me approved.

To be honest I never thought i would be approved for it even on recon because of my low scores but neither rep told me that was the reason my app was denied because of my mid scores rather it was the inquires that was bugging them. (Chase is inquiry sensiitive to the max) 

Also what i think got me through was my relationship with them. I have a checking/savings with them and a freedom at 5k (started at 1k). I use my freedom for everything and i let the rep know that Chase is my everyday bank.

But nonetheless i was finally approved. Shows nothing is impossible and the recon reps are friendly so don't be afraid to recon with them (like i was lol). 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.