Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred Approved

Hey Guys, 

Just thought I would share my good news with all. I applied for the CSP late last night and got the "wait 2 weeks for our letter" message. I thought I was definitely denied because those messages never turn out to be good for me. So I called in the same night via the backdoor number and the lady sounded as if she was reading a script to me, "Please wait 2 weeks for our letter". So I waited till today, Monday, and called in again. This time I spoke with a lady who put me on hold and then transferred me to a verification department. I was then asked which credit cards I have which are non-Chase. I told them a Discover ($2000) and a Cap 1 ($500). He then said I need to ask you more verification questions but your report is not long enough, so he generated some random questions (Graduation date? Street Name? County Lived In?). All the questions had 4 possible answers and I got all the questions right. After that he put me on a hold for a couple minutes and came back with the good news. I was approved for $5000 Chase Sapphire Preferred. I asked if it could be expediated and he happily said sure thing.

Just a bit of background.

Wallet: Amex Zync (NPSL), Discover ($2000), Cap 1 ($500)

History: AAOA (1 year), No Negatives or Derogs

Income: $40,000

Credit Score: Not 100% Sure, Credit Karma(680), Credit Sesame(704)

Utilization: 50%

I really have to say that I do not have any cards near $5000, which people seem to think is a requirement. Also, as far as I know my scores are really average, however they are fakos. I will update if I get a real credit score from chase. I really hope this motivates those of you who are thinking you need to have $5000 limits and above 700 scores before applying.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Approved

congrats my prof is the same as yours and they wouldn't budge, go figure.  Enjoy your card.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 2 of 21
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Nice CL too.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 21
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Guys, 

Just thought I would share my good news with all. I applied for the CSP late last night and got the "wait 2 weeks for our letter" message. I thought I was definitely denied because those messages never turn out to be good for me. So I called in the same night via the backdoor number and the lady sounded as if she was reading a script to me, "Please wait 2 weeks for our letter". So I waited till today, Monday, and called in again. This time I spoke with a lady who put me on hold and then transferred me to a verification department. I was then asked which credit cards I have which are non-Chase. I told them a Discover ($2000) and a Cap 1 ($500). He then said I need to ask you more verification questions but your report is not long enough, so he generated some random questions (Graduation date? Street Name? County Lived In?). All the questions had 4 possible answers and I got all the questions right. After that he put me on a hold for a couple minutes and came back with the good news. I was approved for $5000 Chase Sapphire Preferred. I asked if it could be expediated and he happily said sure thing.

Just a bit of background.

Wallet: Amex Zync (NPSL), Discover ($2000), Cap 1 ($500)

History: AAOA (1 year), No Negatives or Derogs

Income: $40,000

Credit Score: Not 100% Sure, Credit Karma(680), Credit Sesame(704)

Utilization: 50%

I really have to say that I do not have any cards near $5000, which people seem to think is a requirement. Also, as far as I know my scores are really average, however they are fakos. I will update if I get a real credit score from chase. I really hope this motivates those of you who are thinking you need to have $5000 limits and above 700 scores before applying.

Congratulations!! I recently was approved for the CSP also. It was my "ultimate" goal to ge this card for this year and I finally got it.

I was under the impression that a CL near $5000 was a requirement also. When I applied, I had $4k CL on Discover and I was all nervous. But Chase does seem to be relaxing on the requirement for this card, which makes it less exclusive now Smiley Sad but I am still happy!!

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys.I know SwifTone, I was actually not going to apply until I had a $5000 limit on a single card. I am glad I did apply as chase broke that $5000 barrier for me. Congrats to you as well. That makes 2 of us without $5000 limits. However, you were much more closer to it than me. lol.

Message 5 of 21
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

My freedom is only 3.7k CL

That is awesome and good to know. I won't be apping any card soon.. probably won't be until mid 2013 to beginning of 2014.

When I do, It will be CSP for first on my list, then Amex BCE, and lastly Wells Fargo.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your profile looks good armbenderc, best of look when applying. Thats a really nice limit on the freedom. Worst case, you could ask them to transfer some of the freedom limit to help with the sapphire approval.

Message 7 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

That's a sweet approval! Congrats!

Yeah the near 5K limit is definitely YMMV; however, for curiosity and completeness, any idea what your Zync is reporting for high balance?

        
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Revelate, the highest I have every charged on my zync was $800, but it does get used regularly, be it everyday purchases or monthly bills. Thats mostly because my discover is 12 months 0%. So I have been spending the most with my discover card, even paying it off and maxing it out again. I purchases 2 airline tickets to England with it which vary around $1000-$1500.

Message 9 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the information!

        
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.