cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase , discover CLI and more

tag
Jp2slow

Chase , discover CLI and more

So I decided to call my cards and ask for CLI and if not for this site I probably would of not gotten them. There was something on my report that basically auto denied on both of them. But using the backdoor numbers a CSR was able to lok at the problem and fix it . I had some old crap from 2009 because Santander are crap heads. So it really does pay to always call them and not take no for an awnser. 

Chase Freedom went 2k to 5k

Discover More went from 1.7k to 3.5k 

I also added a USAA Amex to the mix but a low 1k limit to start . Im thinking it may be time to start dumping the Crap1 cards i have that refuse to give mea CLI . iIm also thinking of trying for a new Citi Card  but I really really want AMEX blue not sure if Im there yet. Im still keeping crap1 and whorchard because they were my first..

Thanks again Myfico !!!!  

current card list

Chase Freedom 5k | Discover More 3.5k | Merick Bank 2k | Home Depot 5k | USAA 1k | Crap1 300 and 500 | Orchard bank 400 .

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase , discover CLI and more

Congrats on your CLI's and your approval!

You might try to email the EO of Cap1.

Good luck!
Message 2 of 14
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

how long have you had your discover?  I'm on my 5th statement now and waiting to see if I get an auto increase. I too started with 1700. I'm hoping to get around $2500, but you went up to 3500? thats awesome! I have the  increase request button on my homepage but i'm scared to use it. lol.  Did you request one and get denied and then call them up?  did they have to verify things by calling your work etc.? I'm dying to get mine increased!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 3 of 14
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

do you know if it was a hard pull?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 4 of 14
Jp2slow

Ive had the Discover for 6 months the Chase for 7  Both were hards but well worth it imo. I went on a credit spree since I already took the hits . My FIco Score was 670  , I also got a CLI with HD card to 8k . I also got 2 more cards Walmart 1.5 and amazon 1k.  Im going in hiding for awhile and will be doing much needed improvments on my home .

Message 5 of 14
Jp2slow

sorry forgot to add  some of your question . I was not denied I called them up and the CSR was amazing and presto no hassle thanked me for being a good customer and gave me my CLI.  I probably could of got more but I was really surprised by the ease of the whole conversation. I did not use the Auto CLI and they did not check up on me .

Message 6 of 14
beenjammin
Valued Member

Which report did Chase hard pull for a CLI?

Message 7 of 14
Jp2slow

Experian

Message 8 of 14
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Is it a HP if you request from the button online too? I can't have anymore inquiries. I just pulled my TU credit report and it says I have 8 in the last year. ugh. It's definitely affecting my score.

EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 9 of 14
HiLine
Blogger

Very nice CLI's! Congratulations! Smiley Very Happy

Many people on this board have written about their experience with Orchard Bank and Crap One's CLI requests. I would spend some time reading the old threads, following the instructions and definitely giving them several calls until you get what you want! Good luck! Cat Wink

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.