Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase recon success!! :)

tag
old_number_7
Established Member

Chase recon success!! :)

First I want to thank this forumn as there is tons of awesome info here!!! 2nd, the back door number got me in to Chase where I was able to answer a bunch of security questions and was approved for a Chase Freedom with a 2k CL.

Chase: 888-609-7805 (Credit Analyst/App recon) Tried this number a few times and could not get anywhere with the reps. They would keep telling me Its pending.

Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recon) Tried this number today and the personwho picked up was all over it! They reviewed and saw that I needed to talk to the verification department to answer some questions. He warm transferred me and I answered the questions and the lady put me on hold and came back and gave me the good news.

I was a little nervous as I had just applied 2 days before for BOFA power rewards visa siggy for $5k and Amex premier rewards and was approved for both and they both hit my Experian. I was thinking bad thoughts as I had seen in other posts Chase doesnt like lots of inquiries after I saw that Chase pulled Experian. Then again, those were the only inquiries for the past 2 years.

I also thank you guys as I found valuable info on that the signature cards don't report a credit limit, so I immediately called BOFA, and they "downgraded" (the rep kept saying that word over and over lol) me to a Visa platinum power rewards card which I thought was pretty cool as I dont think they offer the power rewards in a platinum version anymore. So in my eyes score.

I now have the cards I wanted and will now go into garden mode as I work to increase my FICO score and hopefully some big CLI's in my future.

I LOVE THIS MESSAGE BOARD!!!
FICO: Equifax 4/6/14 *760* -- Transunion 2/10/14 *747* -- Experian 3/30/14 *768*
Amex BCP $17600 / Discover $15500 / BofA Rewards $13000 / Chase Sapphire Preferred $12000 / Lowes $10000 / BofA Platinum Plus $10000 / Citi Thankyou Premier $8000 / Citi Diamond $4900 / Chase Amazon $4500 / Chase Freedom $2000 / Amex Gold Premier
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase recon success!! :)

@old_number_7 wrote:
First I want to thank this forumn as there is tons of awesome info here!!! 2nd, the back door number got me in to Chase where I was able to answer a bunch of security questions and was approved for a Chase Freedom with a 2k CL.

Chase: 888-609-7805 (Credit Analyst/App recon) Tried this number a few times and could not get anywhere with the reps. They would keep telling me Its pending.

Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recon) Tried this number today and the personwho picked up was all over it! They reviewed and saw that I needed to talk to the verification department to answer some questions. He warm transferred me and I answered the questions and the lady put me on hold and came back and gave me the good news.

I was a little nervous as I had just applied 2 days before for BOFA power rewards visa siggy for $5k and Amex premier rewards and was approved for both and they both hit my Experian. I was thinking bad thoughts as I had seen in other posts Chase doesnt like lots of inquiries after I saw that Chase pulled Experian. Then again, those were the only inquiries for the past 2 years.

I also thank you guys as I found valuable info on that the signature cards don't report a credit limit, so I immediately called BOFA, and they "downgraded" (the rep kept saying that word over and over lol) me to a Visa platinum power rewards card which I thought was pretty cool as I dont think they offer the power rewards in a platinum version anymore. So in my eyes score.

I now have the cards I wanted and will now go into garden mode as I work to increase my FICO score and hopefully some big CLI's in my future.

I LOVE THIS MESSAGE BOARD!!!

Nice cards, CONGRATS!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you posting in the monthly Garden Club Meeting thread! Smiley Wink

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 23
NH_CarDealer
Valued Member

I also have good luck with CHASE this morning.....

I applied two weeks ago with CHASE and got a letter deniying my application

Called the 1-888-609-7805 number and got them to approve me for a 1,000 CL. I asked how long before I can get a CLI....they said make some history and payment and should be able to bump me within 3-6 months.

They person I spoke to was very pleasant and easy to work with...I didn't get a big limit but at least it's something.

Thank you CHASE

Message 3 of 23
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Nice first post, old_number_7 !  Congratulations on your success, and welcome to the forum!

Just out of curiosity here, how long have you been browsing the forum? 

Message 4 of 23
old_number_7
Established Member

I found this forum through a Google search about 12 days ago.
FICO: Equifax 4/6/14 *760* -- Transunion 2/10/14 *747* -- Experian 3/30/14 *768*
Amex BCP $17600 / Discover $15500 / BofA Rewards $13000 / Chase Sapphire Preferred $12000 / Lowes $10000 / BofA Platinum Plus $10000 / Citi Thankyou Premier $8000 / Citi Diamond $4900 / Chase Amazon $4500 / Chase Freedom $2000 / Amex Gold Premier
Message 5 of 23
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Well, we're glad that you did.  Welcome once again!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once again, the myFICO forum is an invaluable resource for me! I just apped an hour ago and got the 10 day message. I called the recon number and my application was approved with a $2K limit. Looking forward to the Disney rewards and earning my way to a higher limit over time!

Message 7 of 23
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Congrats!

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened my freedom account last year in Dec with a very low $300 CLI

Chase then automatically upgraded it to $500 last month

I just read this thread and called the 1-888-609-7805, I spoke with someone very helpful and applied for a increase to $10,000 which they approved.

This forum is a great resource, cheers.

J

Message 9 of 23
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I didn't get full success.  I called and they asked me some questions, but they then told me I had to speak with a verification department on Monday.  Has this happened to others?  What is the verification process, is this like to verify you past addresses, home loan lender, and those other types of questions?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.