Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Visa upgraded to Visa Signature

tag
nyancat
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Forward Visa upgraded to Visa Signature

@slippy84 wrote:

@nyancat wrote:

Amazon is a bookstore (4% back on Citi Forward with shop with points on Amazon). Amazon sells electronics. Thus, electronics bought on Amazon get a whopping 4% cashback. But I'd rather use my Capital One Cash Rewards Visa Signature (1.5% cashback) or even my Costco TrueEarnings American Express (1% cashback) and gain 90 days free breakage warranty (I'll use the Amex due to easier claims if I think damage is very likely like a cell phone). 2.5-3% is a cheap price to pay for 90 days of accidental damage insurance and a better extended warranty program.

What are the differences? Here's what the stock Forward (non-Siggy) gives you:

Extended Warranty

The terms of the original manufacturers' U.S. warranties (three year or less) may be extended up to one additional year on most items purchased on your card.

Retail Purchase Protection

Most items purchased with your Citi Card are eligible for protection against theft, fire or accidental breakage of up to $500 for up to 90 days from the date of purchase.

In that case, I guess there really isn't a difference, thanks!

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 11 of 17
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Yes, I really think that there are few additional things that come with a signature, things like the concierge, some "special event" tickets and things like Fandango.

The "official" table is here:  http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/benefits/index.html

So Sig cards HAVE to offer these benefits,  but in fact many/most non-signature cards, including the Forward. do offer many.  Some of the benefits used to be on Gold then Platinum cards.  I'm pretty sure my CAp One Plats had similar things.

Another sig benefit mentioned on this forum recently is auto rental CDW coverage, but the chart shows that that is a benefit on ALL Visas!

Message 12 of 17
nyancat
Established Contributor

Concierge doesn't matter to me since I already have it on Capital One. I guess I won't be so hesitant to spend money on my Citi Forward card on Amazon now Smiley Happy Thanks!

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Must be the time of year as I received notice that my Citi Forward Visa account was being upgraded with the Signature option effective to 02-05-14 and will include the chip. It feels good! Also have a Citi Dividend World Elite Mastercard with chip and a Citi Dividend American Express Card. Citi has been good to me over the years. They did highlight that I would continue to receive the 5x points on restaurants, movies and at record and bookstores with no cap on "Thank You" points. Opened the account by special invite October 2012 (not a student at the time). Last year several posters on this site reported being upgraded between the end of December and early February 2013 with many two to four years account history. Feel fortunate. Fits well with my other cards.

Message 14 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the upgrade Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 17
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your UG

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 16 of 17
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.