Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi ThankYou Premier Approved

tag
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

Citi ThankYou Premier Approved

For a while, I've been pondering whether or not to PC my Citi Dividend card to a different product because I don't have much use for the Dividend rewards.  I've been looking at the ThankYou set of cards and I noticed that their Premier card now offers 3X points on dining out and entertainment (I'm guessing movies, etc).  I do a lot of dining out so I was intrigued.  I posted a couple of days ago on a topic about cards that I am disappointed with and one of them was Citi but then I got to thinking, "if I apply for a new account, I get the bonus points and the first year is free".  

So I figured, what the hell, I applied and was approved via their website.  They gave me a credit line of $12,500, so I figure if I hate the card, I can PC to a no-fee card before the annual fee hits or transfer the line to my Dividend card which has a limit of $12,000 (does Citi do that now or no?)  I know Chase does, I've done it multiple times.

Furthermore, is this a good card or no?  I am worried that I might be a little biased because I've been spoiled and biased with Chase Freedom and Chase Sapphire Preferred (long-time Chase customer).  I am still going to try the card out and try to get the bonus points but I would like to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions on the card.

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Re: Citi ThankYou Premier Approved

Congratulations! Smiley Happy

I do not personally know if Citi is easy to transfer lines with, as I do not have a Citi card. So hopefully someone with more knowledge than I can give you some insight. 

Message 2 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 10
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@GeneralCucumbre wrote:

For a while, I've been pondering whether or not to PC my Citi Dividend card to a different product because I don't have much use for the Dividend rewards.  I've been looking at the ThankYou set of cards and I noticed that their Premier card now offers 3X points on dining out and entertainment (I'm guessing movies, etc).  I do a lot of dining out so I was intrigued.  I posted a couple of days ago on a topic about cards that I am disappointed with and one of them was Citi but then I got to thinking, "if I apply for a new account, I get the bonus points and the first year is free".  

So I figured, what the hell, I applied and was approved via their website.  They gave me a credit line of $12,500, so I figure if I hate the card, I can PC to a no-fee card before the annual fee hits or transfer the line to my Dividend card which has a limit of $12,000 (does Citi do that now or no?)  I know Chase does, I've done it multiple times.

Furthermore, is this a good card or no?  I am worried that I might be a little biased because I've been spoiled and biased with Chase Freedom and Chase Sapphire Preferred (long-time Chase customer).  I am still going to try the card out and try to get the bonus points but I would like to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions on the card.

Congrats on the High CL APPROVAL!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 4 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the new card Smiley Happy

No Citi for me either.

Message 5 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I have it and its a BT card for me.  I haven't had any issues with Citi or their CS but then again haven't had any reason to call. 

Congrats on your approval -I'm sure you'll have no issues either. 

Message 6 of 10
weeehooo
Valued Member

I have been able to transfer credit limits between cards.  My AAdvantage was 49k credit limit and when i apped for Dividends and Pretige they let me take some of the 49k and add it to new cards.  Hope that helps.  Congrats on the new card!

Citi AAdvantage World Elite 38.5K | OCCU Duck Card 20k | PenFed Cash Rewards 13.5k | Chase Freedom 9k | Citi Dividends 9k | US Bank Club Carlson 9k | Southwest Visa Signature 8.5k | US Bank Cash + 7.5k | Discover it 7.5k | Citi Prestige World Elite 7k | Sallie Mae 6.3k | Chase IHG Rewards 5.6k | Amex Hilton Honors 5.5k

Less then 1% Util, Last baddie off my CR 12/23/13, in the garden until 12/14
Message 7 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Nicely done OP!  I've never had any issues with Citi so I think your strategy seems good!

Message 9 of 10
rlx01
Established Contributor

The best thing about Citi is virtual account numbers for online shopping. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.