Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Bank Auto CLIs

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Comenity Bank Auto CLIs

VS, Express, J. Crew, etc.

Are these accounts known for auto CLI's? What are your frequent intervals for requesting incs when the option is available online? SP?

My VS Angel Card is about 2 months old and the Request Credit Linit Inc button has been there since the day I was approved for the account (thanks shopping cart trick!) so I thought I would ask!

Thank you for your replies!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
firstladyd
Contributor

Re: Comenity Bank Auto CLIs

I've had an account with them for 2 years and got my 1st auto cli when comenity took over accounts from wfnb about 5 months ago. My account is with lane Bryant. Just did shopping cart trick with VS. Not sure if it worked.

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 12
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I think it depends on how much you use the accounts and how much you pay off on them.  I don't have the ones you mentioned, but I have 3 Comenity cards.  Marathon, Bealls, and Marathon Visa.  I got my first increase on the Bealls cards at the 6th month mark I think.  It started out with $300 or $350 and it is now $950, the last increase was at about the year mark and I requested it.  The Visa took 6 months and they only gave me $300, I was actually hoping for $500 or more, but since I think I have only spent about $300 on that card, I can't blame them much.  The gas card went from $150 to $500 to $600 to $900 in the course of a year and I think only the last increase was because I asked for it.  I also never use the gas or the Bealls card, since I mostly use my rewards cards!

Comenity did not take over from WFNNB, they just changed their name. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 3 of 12
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

I have put about $1200 through it (thanks to sales/coupons/clearance) since I received it. I also have already received (2) $10.00 "rewards" gift cards. Definitely a card I will continue to use (and PIF) so I'm hopeful Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 12
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I've read that you can hit the button at the 9-month mark and it'll be an SP after they ask for income. 9 months and then it's every 3 months after.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 5 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I've gotten a few auto clis when wfnnb was the servicer. With my Exp, ANF, and Smile accts, the normal cli time is after six months of on time pmts. they rarely sp me and have also tossed me a few clis before the typical 6 month mark. They do not grant big clis. I've had ANf and Exp since like 06-07, and as you can see... They are relatively low limits compared to my others. These accts were great for building though!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 12
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

Are these accounts known for auto CLI's? What are your frequent intervals for requesting incs when the option is available online? SP?

My VS Angel Card is about 2 months old and the Request Credit Linit Inc button has been there since the day I was approved for the account (thanks shopping cart trick!) so I thought I would ask!

I've received a hefty cli from Express with a soft pull without requesting it.  I had the card for a few months and had paid it off every month.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 7 of 12
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

I have an American Signature Furniture card through them and have never received an auto credit limit increase. I hit the 9 month mark last week (wasn't counting just realized it after reading a previous post). I requested a credit limit increase last week as a matter of fact, and they asked for my salary info and something else I think. Anyway, I got an instant approval for $500 more. I went from $1500 - $2000, and it was a soft pull.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 12
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

@firstladyd wrote:
I've had an account with them for 2 years and got my 1st auto cli when comenity took over accounts from wfnb about 5 months ago. My account is with lane Bryant. Just did shopping cart trick with VS. Not sure if it worked.

I did the trick ith VS too and got it. I didsnt think it worked, but then 7 days later, VOILA! new card Smiley Happy I called in to get my limit.

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

I've had the NY&Co card since May 2012 .Used it in May, June, Aug, & Sept. Left a small (5$) balance on each month for reporting.  Got an auto CLI which doubled my CL in November. No questions asked . I actually found oiut about it through Credit Karma lol. Then i checked my account and was so grateful Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.