cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Hard Pull on Experian -- Yikes!!!!!

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity Hard Pull on Experian -- Yikes!!!!!

I just want to know how DCU gave them a 10k limit when they didn't even want to give me 3k! *what*the*heck?!!?

Message 21 of 37
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:

I just want to know how DCU gave them a 10k limit when they didn't even want to give me 3k! *what*the*heck?!!?

Different lending criteria, preferences?  Perhaps he hit the right factors? 

DCU hasn't given me $10k on the Visa... but I keep it as a backup card...  and use several others first before I get to the DCU Visa.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 22 of 37
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

Maybe they consider that many apps/ inquiries in a short amount of time "crimes against humanity"?? I'm just sayin'
In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Current FICO Scores: 783 (EX) | 766 (EQ) | 764 (TU)
Message 23 of 37
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@Hcontreras wrote:
Maybe they consider that many apps/ inquiries in a short amount of time "crimes against humanity"?? I'm just sayin'

That'd be my guess.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 37
bearze34
Established Member

I doubt he will be apping anytime soon. He probably has carpal tunnel from filling out all those apps.
Message 25 of 37
dominow
New Contributor

wow!  and i've been whining about how my 2 recent app's and 2 inq's have potentially harmed my score. i'll sleep more soundly this night.

Message 26 of 37
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

ALL I KNOW is i am joining american airlines FCU $20,000 cl ...lolSmiley Happy

Message 27 of 37
JLK93
Established Contributor

So far I have not experienced the adverse action some had predicted. Since this post I have received the following approvals and rejections:

Chase Freedom Auto CLI                   $500  to  $1,000

Chase Amazon Visa approval            $2,000

Chase United Explorer approval         $5,000

Comenity Vitacost Mastercard             denied

When I spoke to the Chase credit analyst regarding the United Explorer application, she didn't even mention all the new accounts or the 11 inquiries on Experian. She just thanked me for being a good Chase customer.

I would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the knowledge I gained here. I might not have ever aquired my first credit card without this forum.        

Message 28 of 37
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

GARDEN!!
NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 29 of 37
JLK93
Established Contributor

@dabrian wrote:
GARDEN!!

I'm going to make one more try for an AMEX revolver, Delta Gold Skymiles, then  I will garden. LOL.

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.