cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER APPROVAL

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Make sure you use them responsibly and do not n...

Congrats! Make sure you use them responsibly and do not not dig yourself into a hole that will take years to get out of. Cheers!

Message 11 of 18
Express
Frequent Contributor

Re: DISCOVER APPROVAL

@MRmarquez3417 wrote:

hello to everyone  im new to this forum   about me ???  well im a 26 years old guy  who never even heard of credit till probably 4 months ago when a customer service lady at kohls ask me if i wanted to aply for a credit card  i said yes.. and well i was aprove for a 500$ dollar limit 

never actually heard of  this Forum  till today  when  i suddenly aplied for a discover card  online  and was propm to call to complete  the request 

and stuff after probably 15 minutes on the phone with a nice guy  he was able to aprove me for a discover it card  with a limit of 1500$ 

my second card in record i only have a Kohls credit card with a limit of 500$ dollars since 4 months ago and well now i have a discover card Smiley Happy 

the fuuny part is that i mention to this guy about building credit  and he told me to come to this website  he said i could learn some from here about credit behavior 

and stuff

WELL  I WANTED TO SHARE  NOW I DID 

i hope to lear alot from you guys  thank you  

feel free to ask 

Welcome to the form! And congrats on your new credit Line Smiley Very Happy

That was realy nice of the CSR to send you here. A big shout out to him Smiley Surprised

CL $408,200
Message 12 of 18
randeman
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.  The representative sent you to the right place.  Remember to use credit judiciously and that you have to pay for it (in interest) if you don't pay it in full every month.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 13 of 18
zeusta20
Established Contributor

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the approvals! You're well on your way to building your credit! I'll tell you right now, this place is FILLED with valuable info!

Just a few tips to make sure you're off on a positive start (since you just started credit 4 months ago). Try not to go over 10% of your overall CL. So although you have a combined CL of 2000, use your card as if the total limit is 200. And PAY IT OFF IN FULL EACH MONTH. When you do that, you'll be able to build your score on a positive note. And once you keep doing that, and your credit accounts age with time, you'll start getting even better offers and soon get your foot in the door with Amex. Not only that, but you'll be able to start getting increases in your credit limits too!

I've learned a ton of info on here. I'm 23, and I found this when I was 19. Has been a HUGE help.

Welcome again! Let us know if you have any questions. I don't have an 800 credit score (more like 723 Smiley Sad...) BUT, I've learned many things from people who have already/ IS doing it.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 14 of 18
MRmarquez3417

yes he was the one who send me here.

he was very very polite he said he was from salt lake city Utah... 

im so exited to be here now.  i cant believe i had never heard of this nice forum  theres so much stuff  to learn, 

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE ADVICE  

Message 15 of 18
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

Congrats. What was your score that they pulled?

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 16 of 18
knoregs
Established Contributor

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 17 of 18
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!! Get an AmEx in December for maximum future backdating and soft 3x CLI's.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.