cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Skymiles AMEX Gold Approved with Bankruptcy!!

tag
sunshine7624
New Contributor

Re: Delta Skymiles AMEX Gold Approved with Bankruptcy!!

@itguy_65 wrote:

WOW, you were incredibly lucky.  Took me 22 years to get back in good graces!!Smiley Mad

haha yes very fortunate but I see that you have some exceptional scores now so all is well that ends well Smiley Happy  

Message 31 of 43
sunshine7624
New Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@aqualuv74 wrote:

Just got an instant approval online!!  Credit line is $2,000.  I have applied about 4 times for this card over the past few years, declined each time.  They checked Experian my Fico score is 664 and I have 30+ inquires (i'm a credit junkie too...I have no comprehension of "gardening" LOL) mostly on TU, not sure exactly how many I have with Experian. At any rate my bankruptcy is still on my credit reports until November 2015 so there was definitely some divine intervention at work.  Smiley Happy  On a side note, I got declined last week for the State Farm Visa and the Alaska Airlines Visa.  Applied for the new Orbitz Visa right before I applied for this one and got the 7-10 day message.  Really wanted another travel card (had the American Airlines credit card a few years ago but got behind on the payments so ended up closing and settling the account for less than what was owed on it) so I'm good now.  

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

Thanks Wade! 

Message 32 of 43
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

I have an almost 7 year old chapter 7. Couldn't resist applying for the delta card. Still in progress since the 20th so they will likely say no but I am keeping my fingers crossed! 

image.jpg

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 33 of 43
MovinOnUp2014
Frequent Contributor

@aussiesareforever, please update after you get your decision.  I am a frequent Delta flyer and really, really want that card but I'm post BK as well (2010).  Would love to know the outcome!

Discover I.T. (11k) - U.S. Bank Platinum (9k) - NASA (30k) - Venture (22K) - AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold (6k) -AMEX PRG (AU) plus a few CU CC's and Store Cards = 130k (roughly)
*Post 2010 llB*
Message 34 of 43
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@MovinOnUp2014 wrote:

@aussiesareforever, please update after you get your decision.  I am a frequent Delta flyer and really, really want that card but I'm post BK as well (2010).  Would love to know the outcome!

Hey MovingOnUp2014..my appication was declined. Not suprising. I am at the seven year mark this year but I'll likely wait until next year until I try again. At least it will give this wasted inquiry time to fall off...lol

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 35 of 43
MovinOnUp2014
Frequent Contributor

@Aussie, sorry to hear that !! Well there went my plan 😄.
Discover I.T. (11k) - U.S. Bank Platinum (9k) - NASA (30k) - Venture (22K) - AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold (6k) -AMEX PRG (AU) plus a few CU CC's and Store Cards = 130k (roughly)
*Post 2010 llB*
Message 36 of 43
mossmanb5
Established Contributor

congrats

72 cards and done 312,800 in available credit
0.5% uti / 2.2 aaoa
eq 698 / ex 712 / tu 729

inqs= eq 48 / ex 35 / tu 15
Message 37 of 43
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Congrats on getting back in with AMEX!

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 38 of 43
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 39 of 43
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Amex.Smiley Happy

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.