Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Approved!

tag
RandomCreditDude
Established Member

Discover Approved!

So I've been getting Discover IT offers in the mail for the past few months, but held off applying cause I wanted to bring my AAoA back up a little. Well, it's back up, and since I have a major spend (airline tickets) sitting on my Amex BCP, my overall util was in the 26% range. Turns out that Discover gave me a $7,500 limit, which is my highest so far, so I'm pretty happy!

Util drops, and I continue to build. Next card will be a CSP in Feb 2014 Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
flyingace
Valued Member

Re: Discover Approved!

@RandomCreditDude wrote:

So I've been getting Discover IT offers in the mail for the past few months, but held off applying cause I wanted to bring my AAoA back up a little. Well, it's back up, and since I have a major spend (airline tickets) sitting on my Amex BCP, my overall util was in the 26% range. Turns out that Discover gave me a $7,500 limit, which is my highest so far, so I'm pretty happy!

Util drops, and I continue to build. Next card will be a CSP in Feb 2014 Smiley Happy

Congrats! A great set of cards, and hopefull the CSP is the icing on the cake!

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 2 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats keep up the good work

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

Grats!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 15
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 5 of 15
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the card and CL!

Message 6 of 15
RandomCreditDude
Established Member

Thanks! Yeah, I'm working hard to build great credit to counteract my credit file being only 2 years old. So far so good, I'd say, with Amex Gold, BCP, Chase Freedom, and Discover IT all working to bump me up.

Message 7 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RandomCreditDude wrote:

CONGRATS!! Smiley Happy

Well i'm confident in January '15 when I take a HP for CLI i'll get that $7500!!! Smiley Tongue

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 15
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Congrats, very nice initial CL for Discover!!! Good luck with your future CSP app.

Message 9 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.