Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Auto CLI

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Discover Auto CLI

I have to laugh but my theory about when I redeem $50 for a statement credit yeilds a CLI remains true--at least for me. Redeemed yesterday and today, BOOM, extra $2000 bringing me up to $16,880. I think I'm about 80% success rate when converting cash back to statement credits.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Auto CLI

@MrShush wrote:

I have to laugh but my theory about when I redeem $50 for a statement credit yeilds a CLI remains true--at least for me. Redeemed yesterday and today, BOOM, extra $2000 bringing me up to $16,880. I think I'm about 80% success rate when converting cash back to statement credits.

Now that is a REALLY NICE CL with Discover!

Big congrats!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 15
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Thanks!

Message 3 of 15
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

It is the highest that I am aware of... I have a friend at work with $15k and I thought that was high!

Kills me, I cannot get my Discover over $5500... And yet, I have a Visa with PenFed that has a $38,000 limit...

Go figure.  Smiley Mad

Anyway, again - congrats on that limit!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 15
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

It is the highest that I am aware of... I have a friend at work with $15k and I thought that was high!

Kills me, I cannot get my Discover over $5500... And yet, I have a Visa with PenFed that has a $38,000 limit...

Go figure.  Smiley Mad

The member here--his name escapes me but he's a New Yorker with a Giants logo--has a 40K limit. Definitely the highest I've seen.

To be honest, my (ours Smiley Wink ) Discover gets a LOT of use and there is a balance on there. In my experience, carrying a balance and putting the cash back back into the card is what keeps them in the giving mood.

This card started off in 2008 at $5490 so they will grow.

Message 5 of 15
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Awesome increase! Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 15
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@MsLadyRover wrote:

Awesome increase! Congratulations!

Thanks!

Message 7 of 15
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats!
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 8 of 15
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

WTG!! Can't wait to see how my Discover account grows.
Message 9 of 15
culture
Regular Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

Go figure.  Smiley Mad

The member here--his name escapes me but he's a New Yorker with a Giants logo--has a 40K limit. Definitely the highest I've seen.

To be honest, my (ours Smiley Wink ) Discover gets a LOT of use and there is a balance on there. In my experience, carrying a balance and putting the cash back back into the card is what keeps them in the giving mood.

This card started off in 2008 at $5490 so they will grow.

congrats...     $5490 what an odd number to start...  

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.