Valued Contributor
MrShush

Discover Auto CLI

I have to laugh but my theory about when I redeem $50 for a statement credit yeilds a CLI remains true--at least for me. Redeemed yesterday and today, BOOM, extra $2000 bringing me up to $16,880. I think I'm about 80% success rate when converting cash back to statement credits.

Valued Contributor
RockinRay

Re: Discover Auto CLI

MrShush wrote:

I have to laugh but my theory about when I redeem $50 for a statement credit yeilds a CLI remains true--at least for me. Redeemed yesterday and today, BOOM, extra $2000 bringing me up to $16,880. I think I'm about 80% success rate when converting cash back to statement credits.

Now that is a REALLY NICE CL with Discover!

Big congrats!  :smileyhappy:

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Valued Contributor
MrShush

Thanks!

Valued Contributor
RockinRay

It is the highest that I am aware of... I have a friend at work with $15k and I thought that was high!

Kills me, I cannot get my Discover over $5500... And yet, I have a Visa with PenFed that has a $38,000 limit...

Go figure.  :smileymad:

Anyway, again - congrats on that limit!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Valued Contributor
MrShush

RockinRay wrote:

It is the highest that I am aware of... I have a friend at work with $15k and I thought that was high!

Kills me, I cannot get my Discover over $5500... And yet, I have a Visa with PenFed that has a $38,000 limit...

The member here--his name escapes me but he's a New Yorker with a Giants logo--has a 40K limit. Definitely the highest I've seen.

To be honest, my (ours :smileywink: ) Discover gets a LOT of use and there is a balance on there. In my experience, carrying a balance and putting the cash back back into the card is what keeps them in the giving mood.

This card started off in 2008 at $5490 so they will grow.

Valued Contributor
MsLadyRover

Awesome increase! Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
MrShush

MsLadyRover wrote:

Awesome increase! Congratulations!

Thanks!

Established Contributor
ObeyJohnny12

Congrats!
Gardening Since: March 4, 2013.
In My Wallet: Chase: Freedom Visa Signature | Sapphire Preferred World Mastercard. |
Valued Contributor
SpecFile

WTG!! Can't wait to see how my Discover account grows.
Regular Contributor
culture

MrShush wrote:

RockinRay wrote:

The member here--his name escapes me but he's a New Yorker with a Giants logo--has a 40K limit. Definitely the highest I've seen.

To be honest, my (ours :smileywink: ) Discover gets a LOT of use and there is a balance on there. In my experience, carrying a balance and putting the cash back back into the card is what keeps them in the giving mood.

This card started off in 2008 at $5490 so they will grow.

congrats...     $5490 what an odd number to start...  

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+