Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card CLI - 6 statements or 6 months

tag
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Discover Card CLI - 6 statements or 6 months

Hi,

I applied, and was given a discover card in sept '12.  My first statement did not cut until Novemeber.

Does my 6 month window for a cli start with the open date or the first statement date?

Thank you

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Card CLI - 6 statements or 6 months

I was told it was after the 6th statement by a rep on the phone, ymmv though

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 2 of 8
drew11
Regular Contributor

I first heard it was 6 months of having the card open but after 6 months of waiting and no LUV button I figured I was in the group of people who only got their CLI after 6 statements. But once the 6th statement cut for me I still didn't have anything when I clicked on the CLI link. So I decided to call in but the computer ended up saying that I needed a hard pull in order to continue so I cancelled the request - I guess Discover didn't think I needed the CLI.

I'll have to admit I only put major spending through the card when the 5% online shopping was around during the holidays. At least they thought I was a nice enough customer to give me a $5 gift card to starbucks! Smiley Happy

01/04/17 Equifax FICO 788
01/04/17 Experian FICO 789
01/04/17 TransUnion FICO 784

Amex BCP $24,000 | Chase Freedom: $13,000 | Chase SR: $35,000 | Discover IT: $20,000 | PenFed Platinum: $32,000
Message 3 of 8
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I am wondering how is going to work in my case or i anyone knows i would appreciate the input but i got my Discover back in August and the first statement cut mid Sept. but in november i changed my due date to the begining of every month so there wasnt a statement that generated in Nov because of the change in due date. it will be 6 months since i had the cardcome February but only 5 statements cuz of the change. I am willing to take a HP because i want them to double my CL (currently at 1500). Will i be eligible for a CLI or should i wait until the March statement generates even though it will be 7 months since i had the card?

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 4 of 8
Phizzle
New Contributor

IIRC, it is six months from the creation date. I applied for my card on the 19th of June in 2012 and was approved 3 or 4 days later after verification with a rep. I called mid December and was told to call back on the 19th of December (not sure why). The 19th came and no cli, but I got a nice gentlemen on the phone who told me the account was not actually created until the 26th and to call back then. I called back as instructed, and I received my increase. Had to HP, but I did not mind since it went from 1 to 6k. :-)

Message 5 of 8
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Phizzle wrote:

IIRC, it is six months from the creation date. I applied for my card on the 19th of June in 2012 and was approved 3 or 4 days later after verification with a rep. I called mid December and was told to call back on the 19th of December (not sure why). The 19th came and no cli, but I got a nice gentlemen on the phone who told me the account was not actually created until the 26th and to call back then. I called back as instructed, and I received my increase. Had to HP, but I did not mind since it went from 1 to 6k. :-)

thats awesome and congrats on the increase! that gives me hope, i should actually ask for more since im willing to take the HP but the reason i am asking only for that much is because my highest credit limit is a WF secured card (3500 limit).  I want to actually ask for 5000 but not sure if they are known to counter offer or just straight out deny you.

Message 6 of 8
Phizzle
New Contributor

I see. Good luck with your increase. I will add in that I was showing a 6k limit with my Amex on my reports from the 61 day 3x from a few months back. When I requested the increase, I told them I would like to at least match that limit if possible. That may have had something to do with it.

I do not remember 100%, but I believe the gentleman told me the system would counter if it did not accept the request. I would definitely ask and then call back to ask a different rep, lol. Always good to ask a few different people imo.

Message 7 of 8
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Phizzle wrote:

I see. Good luck with your increase. I will add in that I was showing a 6k limit with my Amex on my reports from the 61 day 3x from a few months back. When I requested the increase, I told them I would like to at least match that limit if possible. That may have had something to do with it.

I do not remember 100%, but I believe the gentleman told me the system would counter if it did not accept the request. I would definitely ask and then call back to ask a different rep, lol. Always good to ask a few different people imo.

thanks for the info and i will ask before...i think i am just going to play it safe and ask them if they could match my WF limit (3500). Will keep you posted as my 6 months will be around mid Feb.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.