Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT 3k approval!!

tag
jbrickbm
New Contributor

Re: Discover IT 3k approval!!

Thanks.  I went to Creditcards.com and all I saw was the standard offer for $100 back after $1000 in purchases.  Is there something better then that out there?

EQ MyFico : 738- 05/28/13TU Walmart: 680- 06/13TU CreditKarma 713- 06/13EX CreditSesame 706- 06/13
Discover IT$3,000, CapitalOne-Rewards$1400, CapitalOne-Rewards2$1000 , BestBuy$600, Orchard Bank$300, Walmart$150

Message 21 of 36
enharu
Super Contributor

sorry should have been more clear.

go to creditcards.com

click on cardmatch (got the link here for you as well: https://www.creditcards.com/cardmatch/)

and put in your info. no need to put your real social. 

if you see the Amex offer, click on it and it'll bring you back to Amex website with the different promotion.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 22 of 36
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@jbrickbm wrote:

What else to to on  a rainy day but app for different cards.  Do you guys think I should app for AMEX BCE?  Is it likely if im approved for discover I would be approved for AMEX?

Congrats! 

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 23 of 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jbrickbm wrote:

What else to to on  a rainy day but app for different cards.  Do you guys think I should app for AMEX BCE?  Is it likely if im approved for discover I would be approved for AMEX?

CONGRATS!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 24 of 36
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

It's a nice card.  I've regulated it to high dollar purchases, but it's a nice looking card.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 25 of 36
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

They pull which CRA on you??

Message 26 of 36
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

They pulled transunion for me. You can't predict what reports banks will pull. It's always changing. One in three chance is all you get.
Message 27 of 36
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@cottoncrown wrote:
They pulled transunion for me. You can't predict what reports banks will pull. It's always changing. One in three chance is all you get.

That is not necessarily true..  Typically, some lenders will pull a specific report within a specific region.  It all depends on where the lender's customer base was formed in relation to the credit reporting bureau.  All credit data used to be maintained regionally, which is how Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion got their start.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 28 of 36
bahbahd
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@cottoncrown wrote:

That is not necessarily true..  Typically, some lenders will pull a specific report within a specific region.  It all depends on where the lender's customer base was formed in relation to the credit reporting bureau.  All credit data used to be maintained regionally, which is how Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion got their start.

Which is very super strange to think of but helps explain why certain things sometimes only appear on one report vs all three. 

Message 29 of 36
kanokphan
Valued Member

Congratulations!

Starting Score: 592 Current Score: 632
Goal Score: 750

NFCU#7,500 NFL#900 AMZ STORE CARD#1,200 VICTORIAS#500 AMZ CHASE#400 DISCOVER#1500 CAP1#500 BML PAYPAL#500 BML HP#2,000 USAA CLASS PLAT MC#1,000 EXP#250 HSN#500 JCrew#250
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.