Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT App! Approved

tag
Simply827
Established Contributor

Re: Discover IT App! Approved

@Denny33142 wrote:

Not to further your itch to app for the card but keep in mind that eventually Discover will tighten the underwriting for the card once they reach the target member base they are looking for.

That's my opinion anyway.

Well hopefully they don't tighten standards before I get around to sign up. I really want to apply to this and Chase Freedom, but I need to lower UTIL first. 

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 21 of 32
awdsmama
Established Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Got mine last week, they pulled EQ on mine.

What the heck, they pulled all 3 for me!  OH well I got the card.  But still, would rather not have the extra inq's.  Makes me wonder which report they pulled first and if that prompted them to keep pulling.

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 22 of 32
MegaZX30
Valued Member

Thanks again everyone!

So in 6 months I can just do an online request for a CLI and it will be auto soft unless otherwise stated by permission for a hard, that's good info to know. Do I specify or have to specify what I would like or does it just give  you a random increase if it goes through?

And what about reviews / auto-CLI, I don't know if I would be a lucky one to receive an auto-CLI but does Discover do these at all.

As for Orchard Bank waiving fees, I did a quick lookup online, and I saw a few post pertaining to this question. A few people seemed to be successful at having it fully waived while others had it reduced by about half, and sounds like the rest just canceled due to not having the choice. Hoping I can get a full waiver that'd be good incentive to keep it open next year if all goes good this year, if I only can them to drop it by half for some reason, would paying half be worth it?

Hmm as for the pull still don't personally know yet, again I'm patient to get something through the mail. But the last two days I checked my free CreditKarma score and no new inquires have shown up there so unless there's some crazy delay in reporting which I doubt is the case, I can assume my Transunion was not pulled. By theory on what  the others who've got only one pull through EQ, I  assume it was EQ as well but I'll wait to see what's what before I update my personal file.

I like to keep things straight so I made up a personal file, that list dates and pulls of old Inquires from previous apps, so when I check my scores / reports I can easily verify that nothing is coming up that shouldn't be there.

Cool so new apps for at least 6 months, I'm almost 100% certain I can handle that.  I don't think I'll personally be checking my scores on a monthly basis but before I do anything else I'll be sure to look them up.

Discover IT: $2,650 -- Capital One Platinum $1K -- Cap One QuickSilver $3K -- Chase Freedom $3K
Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see alot of people with crdit profiles similar to mine getting approved here.  that's awesome and congrats!

I was rejected by 2 similar cards last fall and have made modest gains in my numbers.  Question I have sow, is Discover deliberately being more liberal with their approval process?  Could they be taking other factors, like income, into consideration when approving people?  Or would that be too logical?

Message 24 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MegaZX30 wrote:

Thanks again everyone!

So in 6 months I can just do an online request for a CLI and it will be auto soft unless otherwise stated by permission for a hard, that's good info to know. Do I specify or have to specify what I would like or does it just give  you a random increase if it goes through?

And what about reviews / auto-CLI, I don't know if I would be a lucky one to receive an auto-CLI but does Discover do these at all.

As for Orchard Bank waiving fees, I did a quick lookup online, and I saw a few post pertaining to this question. A few people seemed to be successful at having it fully waived while others had it reduced by about half, and sounds like the rest just canceled due to not having the choice. Hoping I can get a full waiver that'd be good incentive to keep it open next year if all goes good this year, if I only can them to drop it by half for some reason, would paying half be worth it?

Hmm as for the pull still don't personally know yet, again I'm patient to get something through the mail. But the last two days I checked my free CreditKarma score and no new inquires have shown up there so unless there's some crazy delay in reporting which I doubt is the case, I can assume my Transunion was not pulled. By theory on what  the others who've got only one pull through EQ, I  assume it was EQ as well but I'll wait to see what's what before I update my personal file.

I like to keep things straight so I made up a personal file, that list dates and pulls of old Inquires from previous apps, so when I check my scores / reports I can easily verify that nothing is coming up that shouldn't be there.

Cool so new apps for at least 6 months, I'm almost 100% certain I can handle that.  I don't think I'll personally be checking my scores on a monthly basis but before I do anything else I'll be sure to look them up.

Discover does reviews every 6 months on their accounts. Any CLI request will be a SP unless otherwise stated by them they need permission to do a HP.

Word to the wise, do not request CLI's if you have opened alot of accounts recently or have high UTIL. They are a conservative lender and will decline CLI's more often than approve.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I see alot of people with crdit profiles similar to mine getting approved here.  that's awesome and congrats!

I was rejected by 2 similar cards last fall and have made modest gains in my numbers.  Question I have sow, is Discover deliberately being more liberal with their approval process?  Could they be taking other factors, like income, into consideration when approving people?  Or would that be too logical?

IMO they are taking a little more risk because this is a new promotion for the card and they are hoping to gain more customers and referrals.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 32
awdsmama
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@MegaZX30 wrote:

Thanks again everyone!

Discover does reviews every 6 months on their accounts. Any CLI request will be a SP unless otherwise stated by them they need permission to do a HP.

Word to the wise, do not request CLI's if you have opened alot of accounts recently or have high UTIL. They are a conservative lender and will decline CLI's more often than approve.

Good info, thanks!

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 27 of 32
negg
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover IT App! ApprovedAs

As long as you use the card leave a small bal on it pay on tim. Almost 100% you will get CLI in 6 months.  Oh me and my buddy got CLI every 6 months for the first year. I went from 1200 to 2000 with out asking for anything. 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 28 of 32
MegaZX30
Valued Member

Alright, cool I feel like I'm on the right track, and you guys have some nice tips about different things on here so thanks again guys! I'll know where to turn when I need more help with working on credit and the decisions that I make effecting it.

Discover IT: $2,650 -- Capital One Platinum $1K -- Cap One QuickSilver $3K -- Chase Freedom $3K
Message 29 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MegaZX30 wrote:

Alright, cool I feel like I'm on the right track, and you guys have some nice tips about different things on here so thanks again guys! I'll know where to turn when I need more help with working on credit and the decisions that I make effecting it.

Your welcome!!!! stick around and be a active participant here!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.