tag
MegaZX30
Valued Member

Discover IT App! Approved

Woot! Exciting day lol.

MyFico scores:

Equ: 694

Trans: 688

So I applied for a Discover IT Card last night had an instant aproval.

Accordingly from the app my apr is 12.99%

I just called earlier today, asking for my line limit (thanks LS2982 for the tip from didnt think of calling myself... lol)

I got $2,000 Credit Line.

Didnt think of asking if they knew which report was pulled but if I get a confirmation regarding that though mail later I'm happy w\ what I know already and can be patcient for that last piece of info.

Overall I'm pretty happy about it.  Feel like, I'm moving up in the world of credit.

Little Over two years ago, I had applied for an Orchard Bank Card while doing very little research, not that theres anything wrong with the card never have had problems with it to date. I applied do to limited / no credit history.

and I recieved

Orchard Bank Gold Mastercard

$320 Limit ($79 annual fee)

14.90% APR

To me it seemed like a decent starter card but not one that I believe would really grow with me.  Orchard Bank as far as I'm aware didnt accept CLI for along time not sure about now though they are in the movement to Cap One.

6 - 7 months ago

First Commonwealth Approved me for a Credit Line of $2,500, which i had got for home projects.

Also I can't forget my Auto Loan I'm sure paying that the last 4 years with on time payments has been helping me out.

4 years original loan - refincaned at the mid point of 2years (as cosigner cause of some backwords thing they did when the loan itself was wrote up...)

2 years w\ refinanced in my name alone (3 payments left!)

And now this card!

Discover IT: $2,650 -- Capital One Platinum $1K -- Cap One QuickSilver $3K -- Chase Freedom $3K
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
burntreality
New Contributor

Re: Discover IT App! Approved

Congratulations to you.
I recently got approved as well and it is a great feeling.
Starting score: 513 (Pulled from MyFico)
Current Score: EQ=735 TU=744 EX=746
Message 2 of 32
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Rockin!!  Congratulations!!

All these darn Discover IT approvals are making me itchy to app for it.....but (breathe two three four) I am NOT apping for nuthing til the last detail is worked out with Eq (my very last baddie going buh bye) and my last balance buy down card reports taking my total util to less than 5%.

Then I shall a be a appin.

Til then...Congrats to you for getting it done!!!

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 3 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Nice starting limit! Give it 6 months and request a SP CLI.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 32
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval

Message 5 of 32
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 6 of 32
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 32
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 32
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

Not to further your itch to app for the card but keep in mind that eventually Discover will tighten the underwriting for the card once they reach the target member base they are looking for.

That's my opinion anyway.

Message 9 of 32
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval!  I got approved for IT today :-)

I just checked on Credit Karma and it shows an inquiry from Discover so it looks like for me at least they pulled TU. Ymmv of course.

Congrats again!

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.