Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT CLI!!

tag
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

Discover IT CLI!!

The card was opened on Dec. 2012 with $1.5K CL, called on Mar. 2013 to CLI to $2K, SF.  Called again on June 2013 to CLI to $5K, HP. Just earlier today, I received an e-mail saying that my Discover card CL was increased to $12.8K. Balance was $350/ $5000. Monthly usage was mostly from $0 to $300, except for one big purchase of $2K two months ago, which was PIF immediately. Average history is 10 months. Oldest account 24 months. 

I have no clue why they suddenly increased my CLI so drastically. My usage and my AAOA doesn't really warrant this. I suspect Discover is forking out credit to people for Christmas shopping.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Discover IT CLI!!

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 17
dap1984va
New Contributor

Possibly it was a random look at your credit report, they may of seen how quick and easy you paid down that 2k to 300 dollars and wanted to give you the opportunity to use more of there "loaner" money. Dont use your card for 3 months and see if you get a increase, or how much it will be. congrats on the bumb

Message 3 of 17
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Wow thats awesome, congrats!! Great CL from Discover which is usually a pretty conservative bank.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 4 of 17
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

The card was opened on Dec. 2012 with $1.5K CL, called on Mar. 2013 to CLI to $2K, SF.  Called again on June 2013 to CLI to $5K, HP. Just earlier today, I received an e-mail saying that my Discover card CL was increased to $12.8K. Balance was $350/ $5000. Monthly usage was mostly from $0 to $300, except for one big purchase of $2K two months ago, which was PIF immediately. Average history is 10 months. Oldest account 24 months. 

I have no clue why they suddenly increased my CLI so drastically. My usage and my AAOA doesn't really warrant this. I suspect Discover is forking out credit to people for Christmas shopping.

massive ups! congrats Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 17
24chi

wow! Thats awesome!

I am thinking about doing a hard pull increase from $1500 to 5 or 6k. They wont do it with SP.

Message 6 of 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Wow Congrats! Thanks for sharing!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice .. Just two years ago you would be lucky to get $2,000 CL. Times have improved.
Message 8 of 17
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 9 of 17
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

wow...that is really amazing. ..congrats! ...wish I had only half the luck with Discover Smiley Sad
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.