Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Re: Discover It Approval

Congrats

Regular Contributor
jakemod1

So I just received my card today, and it does include my TU credit score, but no credit report. I did ask the CSR when I activated my card about switching the promo from 0% APR for 14mos on BTs and purchases to the 0% APR for 18mos BTs and 6mos for purchases and she said no, unfortunately. Still, paying no interest for 14mos on a $2,300 is better than the 24.50% APR I get from Macy's. And the interest doesn't accrue, which is a bonus, just in case I don't pay it all off before the promo ends.

Now, my next goal is to get a mileage card. Are there any that you guys swear by? Is it unnecessary now that I have a cashback card? I'm not a frequent traveler, but I do fly once in a while to visit friends and family around the country. I am also planning on flying to Europe since a good friend of mine just moved there. It would be nice to have it pay for part or all of the ticket. I am interested in joining the AMEX family. Once I get my balance down, my score should go up dramatically. As of now, my TU is 702. The simulator estimates my score to be between 742-777 once I pay all my cards. How are my chances with a 702 if I apply now?  

Any inputs greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Discover IT: $7,500 | Chase Freedom: $5,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $7,000 | AMEX BCE: $6,000 | BoA BankAmericard Cash Rewards: $2,500 | Cap1 VentureOne: $5,000 | GECRB Chevron: $3,500 | Macy's Store: $4,200; Macy's AMEX: $6,000 | Best Buy: $500 | Kohl's: $2,000
TU FICO: 746 (myFICO 7/28/13)
EQ FICO: 767 (myFICO 2/28/13)
EX FICO: 742 (myFICO 8/8/13)
App Free as of 8/8/13
RedDragynLady

[ Edited ]

Congrats on your approval! I just applied online for a Discover It card, and was approved. I requested a $2900 balance transfer myself, but have no idea what my credit limit was. I did this on the advice of a financial advisor. Hopefully, they'll transfer the whole amount... that would be ideal. I'd then have a zeroed Chase card. I'm relieved that so many of you like Discover. I had one back in college, but paid it off and left it unused until it eventually closed itself, I guess. Don't even have that card.

So my question for you is, did you call the CSR after applying and submitting online to find out? I was thinking if that's all it takes, I can give them a buzz. After paying off my small Target card with my tax return, I'll be able to pay off this balance by the end of the year (yay snowball paments!) I guess I can wait until the end of the week, but it's killing me to know how much I got! 

Starting Score: 658
Current Score: 698
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
09Lexie

RedDragynLady wrote:

Congrats on your approval! I just applied online for a Discover It card, and was approved. I requested a $2900 balance transfer myself, but have no idea what my credit limit was. I did this on the advicce of a financial advisor. Hopefully, they'll transfer the whole amount... that would be idea. I'd then have a zeroed Chase card. I'm relieved that so many of you like Discover. I had one back in college, but paid it off and left it unused until it eventually closed itself, I guess. Don't even have that card.

So my question for you is, did you call the CSR after applying and submitting online to find out? I was thinking if that's all it takes, I can give them a buzz. After paying off my small Target card with my tax return, I'll be able to pay off this balance by the end of the year (yay snowball paments!) I guess I can wait until the end of the week, but it's killing me to know how much I got! 

Just call a few hours after the approval and they will be able to give your CL. 

Congrats and welcome to the Discover Family!

RedDragynLady

09Lexie wrote:

RedDragynLady wrote:

Congrats on your approval! I just applied online for a Discover It card, and was approved. I requested a $2900 balance transfer myself, but have no idea what my credit limit was. I did this on the advicce of a financial advisor. Hopefully, they'll transfer the whole amount... that would be idea. I'd then have a zeroed Chase card. I'm relieved that so many of you like Discover. I had one back in college, but paid it off and left it unused until it eventually closed itself, I guess. Don't even have that card.

Awesome, thank you!  Super fast answer. :smileywink:  (I'm a dedicated myFico user; best money I have *ever* spent!)

09Lexie

RedDragynLady wrote:

09Lexie wrote:

RedDragynLady wrote:

Awesome, thank you!  Super fast answer. :smileywink:  (I'm a dedicated myFico user; best money I have *ever* spent!)

You are welcome! :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
jakemod1

Congrats! Yes, I called literally 15 mins after I applied online. A CSR transferred me to a credit analyst, answered a few questions, and I got my approval.

Discover IT: $7,500 | Chase Freedom: $5,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $7,000 | AMEX BCE: $6,000 | BoA BankAmericard Cash Rewards: $2,500 | Cap1 VentureOne: $5,000 | GECRB Chevron: $3,500 | Macy's Store: $4,200; Macy's AMEX: $6,000 | Best Buy: $500 | Kohl's: $2,000
TU FICO: 746 (myFICO 7/28/13)
EQ FICO: 767 (myFICO 2/28/13)
EX FICO: 742 (myFICO 8/8/13)
App Free as of 8/8/13
Contributor
mojobones89

Anyone know if you can PC from discover More to discover It?

Frequent Contributor
newportguy

mojobones89 wrote:

Anyone know if you can PC from discover More to discover It?

Yes, all it takes is a phone call :smileyhappy:

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
RedDragynLady

Okay, I got ahold of them, and they told me my limit! It's 1500. That means about half my requested transfer will likely go through. (Original request, $2900. Assuming that the full 1500 goes, that would be 1500 on the 0% APR card, and around $1400 on the 19.24% card. 

Mathematically speaking, what would be best: 

1) Paying the minimum on the high interest card, and paying down the 0% APR first, then transferring the remaining balance on the high interest card over. 

2) Paying the minimum on the 0% APR card, and paying down the high interest card, then snowball that over to the 0% APR card. 

3) Other

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+