Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Loves me so much!!!!

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Discover Loves me so much!!!!

Just for the heck of it i called and used the automated system for a credit limit increase and it said it had to transfer me to a rep, so after being transfered i said i was transfered to them and they pulled up everything and i gave the guy my info and asked to go to 7K and he put in the info and came back and said it would be a hard pull and i said well lets just continue and he said i was approved for an additional $500 and i asked to be transfered to a credit rep and he placed me on hold and i talked to a very nice lady who asked all the same questions and gave her all the info and she reviewed and came back and said I have done such a great job with my credit file as well as my Discover account and she said she had no problem increasing me to the full 7k! I did ask about lowering my APR after my promo expires and they said i would have to wait till it expires and advised me to call back on January 21st or after since my cycle and promo ends January 20th. 

So i took another hard pull but it's worth it!

Also according to my November 20th statement my transunion fico score is 716.

Once they report my new limit that should be enough leverage to get CapOne EO to give me a big increase! 

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover Loves me so much!!!!

congrats!

Credit: $80K Total Credit Lines...Gardening until 7/2018
Message 2 of 12
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!! What's your spending/usage like on the card?  I am also debating taking a HP next year for an increase.  I asked for one this past April at the 6 month point and they only gave me $500 Smiley Sad  I've put about $2k on the card since then.

TU: 793 (6/13/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 788 (6/15/18)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 3 of 12
linux007969
Established Contributor

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

Congrats!!! What's your spending/usage like on the card?  I am also debating taking a HP next year for an increase.  I asked for one this past April at the 6 month point and they only gave me $500 Smiley Sad  I've put about $2k on the card since then.

My spending is all over da place! A few months ago i bought a top of da line computer system for about $1,200 with my Discover card and then not too long ago i bought a new cell phone for $400 with my discover card. Then when they had the 5% cash back at gas stations i used it reguarly at da sunoco across da street from my work to buy sodas.

My highest balance was $1,636.64 in June 2013

My balance now is $410

When i got my card  in November 2012 i was approved for 1K with 0% interest till January 2014. So i have really been taking advantage of the 0% interest and been agressively been paying my balance down when possible!

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 4 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Good Luck with Cap1. Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great CL. Nice work.
Message 7 of 12
alvon123
Super Contributor

WOW!!! congrats

Message 8 of 12
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

Congrats, my auto-cli was 200$... I was a bit miffed. I called into Discover to discuss the situation, she told me she could run it again but it would require a hard pull at this point I say fine, she comes back saying they are unable to increase me for more at this time. I ask to be transferred to an underwriter or whatever Discover might refer to them as, he comes on, I explain my situation how at just over 1k my IT card quickly found it's way to the back of the line he puts me on hold comes back to say my new limit on my card is 2.5k the four cards I got back in may/june made them a little jumpy. I explained that it was simply an attempt to fatten a thin file that only had C1 as my only credit card provider. He ended the call by saying I did the right thing and thanks for choosing Discover to expand my portfolio with.

Not bad at all Smiley Happy

JP

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice. It pays to be determined and speak up. You proved your point. Nice CL.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.