Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover auto CLI

tag
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Discover auto CLI

My Discover Open Road is my lowest limit (and crappiest rewards) card.  To be quite honest, I'm suprised they even extended credit to me as I burned them for about 4K in 2002.  I've had the card less than a year and they have given me 2 auto CLI's.  I've used the card simply to see how they would treat me.  My initial CL was 1500, they bumped me to 1700 in Sept, and to 2100 in Jan.  I have paid in full as soon as the statement cuts and even maxed it out one month, while some months saw no use. And just about the time I sock drawer it, they CLI me. I have cards I like a lot more, with better benefits, apr's, and rewards... but their token CLI's coupled with my history with them 10 yrs ago prompts me to use the card.  I guess if the do it again, I'll PC to the IT and find some regular use for discover.

Side note: they just auto CLI'd my wife's "More" for the third time in one year (she prompted one CLI between the 2nd and 3rd auto CLI). Her initial CL was 2500, now 5750.

FICO 750+ on each CRA - 6 cards for a total CL of $222,900
Gardening since 9/11/2016 for a goal of 2 years
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover auto CLI

Yep. They auto CL me quite a bit but for some peeps they don't. My friend has had a more since 2008 and has had to beg for the one increase they gave him. His credit was bad when he got it but he never paid late and keeps it within a reasonable balance.

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 2 of 5
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increases!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 5
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Sweet congrats! Whenever the luv button appears on your home screen most time this signifies you are eligible for a CLI

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 4 of 5
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

The Luv button has never appeared on my home screen, but I've had two auto cli's.  It showed up on my wife's home screen between auto cli 2 and auto cli 3, so it got pushed resulting in consumer prompted cli (with hard pull).  So for her 4 CLI's in one year with on hard pull.  No complaints.

(edited for typo)

FICO 750+ on each CRA - 6 cards for a total CL of $222,900
Gardening since 9/11/2016 for a goal of 2 years
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.