Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it Approval

tag
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Discover it Approval

Approved for this beauty a few weeks ago. They pulled Equifax which was a 671. $1,500 CL and 20.99% APR. I was declined by Discover this time last year and decided to try again. Got the 30 day message and they called me the very next day. Chatted with a CSR for a minute or two and was welcomed to the family!! APR is not the most desirable but I'm sure I'll be able to get that worked down over time.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
shyeviolett

Re: Discover it Approval

Congrats! I just got approved today Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 17
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Congrats!!  Thats a good starting point with them. Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 3 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!!:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 17
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Discover is good like that, first they deny you, then you try again, but since they denied you the first time, that could mean you weren't ready for the "prime" interest rate but they will give you a card.

That is what they did to me, denied a few times, applied then "the talk", approved with a high interest rate but over time, i have recieved numerous CLI so now I have a sweet CL. 

Welcome to the club. 

Message 5 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 17
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats and enjoy!

Message 7 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@SpecFile wrote:
Approved for this beauty a few weeks ago. They pulled Equifax which was a 671. $1,500 CL and 20.99% APR. I was declined by Discover this time last year and decided to try again. Got the 30 day message and they called me the very next day. Chatted with a CSR for a minute or two and was welcomed to the family!! APR is not the most desirable but I'm sure I'll be able to get that worked down over time.

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 17
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Yay! Congrats!
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 9 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.