Re: Discover it Approval

Congrats Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 17
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@shyeviolett wrote:

Congrats! I just got approved today Smiley Very Happy

Just got mine yesterday (4 days after approval).  It is a neat looking card.  But, the most impressed I have been in years of talking to any type of customer service is when I called to activate IT.  Pure English and wanted to make sure I knew how the rewards sytem worked and that they are there 24 hours a day for any assistance.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 12 of 17
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 13 of 17
vish1
Valued Contributor

quick tip: discover has 5% cashback at best buy if you order online (from discover website). I always order online and choose store pickup, thats almost the same as buying from store but gets me 5% back.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 14 of 17
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@SpecFile wrote:
Approved for this beauty a few weeks ago. They pulled Equifax which was a 671. $1,500 CL and 20.99% APR. I was declined by Discover this time last year and decided to try again. Got the 30 day message and they called me the very next day. Chatted with a CSR for a minute or two and was welcomed to the family!! APR is not the most desirable but I'm sure I'll be able to get that worked down over time.

Question...did you have any baddies? I have a 677 but have three baddies, a C/O and two paid collections from 2006. I was denied last year with a score of 671 and more baddies....I was wondering if I had a chance in hell? lol.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 15 of 17
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Yes I did. I am 4 years out of BK. Nothing bad since!
Message 16 of 17
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the tip on Best Buy!!
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.