Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it cli wow!!!!

tag
rogersave
Regular Contributor

Discover it cli wow!!!!

I opened this card appx a year ago with a 1700 limit, after 6 months or so I took a hp and got cl to 3000. At beginning of this month I had a few baddies age off so I tried to get a sp cli thru chat. They couldnt do it with a sp so I was like ok do hp(only 3 inquiries on transunion) This also came back denied. I waited a few minutes and called backdoor number. A very nice analyst agreed to go over credit report with me. She told me if computer picks up any baddies it usually auto denies. (I have one left due to fall off in april 14) She noticed the multiple payments a month no lates etc and asked to put me on hold. A couple minutes later she said you have been approved for a new credit limit of 8000. Thats pretty good considering I took the hp. She also said if I dont feel the 8000 is enough to call back in 3 months. Im beyond ecstatic!!!!  Now all I need is to get approved for an amex revolver and I will be done(have a prg)   I cant thank this board enough, I would never have known to recon 

Equifax 712 transunion 693experian 673
Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Discover it cli wow!!!!

Woohoo! Congratulations on your CLI!

Interesting point on the computer pick up.
Message 2 of 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 13
rogersave
Regular Contributor

yea I thought so too. She said she was glad I called in. I guess the lesson is always recon lol

Equifax 712 transunion 693experian 673
Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000
Message 4 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

wow...congrats! I love to read these Discover success stories and think there is still hope for me one day..LOL

Message 5 of 13
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@rogersave wrote:

I opened this card appx a year ago with a 1700 limit, after 6 months or so I took a hp and got cl to 3000. At beginning of this month I had a few baddies age off so I tried to get a sp cli thru chat. They couldnt do it with a sp so I was like ok do hp(only 3 inquiries on transunion) This also came back denied. I waited a few minutes and called backdoor number. A very nice analyst agreed to go over credit report with me. She told me if computer picks up any baddies it usually auto denies. (I have one left due to fall off in april 14) She noticed the multiple payments a month no lates etc and asked to put me on hold. A couple minutes later she said you have been approved for a new credit limit of 8000. Thats pretty good considering I took the hp. She also said if I dont feel the 8000 is enough to call back in 3 months. Im beyond ecstatic!!!!  Now all I need is to get approved for an amex revolver and I will be done(have a prg)   I cant thank this board enough, I would never have known to recon 

Awesome! Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Awesome CLI, congratulations!!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 7 of 13
knoregs
Established Contributor

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 8 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 13
Crisis
Established Contributor

Congrats!  That's fantastic

In the garden until debt is paid off and scores are up!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.