Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dr-apped with GE Capital

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Dr-apped with GE Capital

@hardworkrebuilding wrote:

Thanks for the responses.  Is the Credit Solutions number posted in the "important numbers sticky"?

backdoor

Message 11 of 19
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Thanks for the responses.  Is the Credit Solutions number posted in the "important numbers sticky"?

backdoor

+1

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 12 of 19
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing. You may have to wait 4 statements for a CLI.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 13 of 19
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the posts and reminding me of the backdoor numbers.  I contacted GE Capital this morning on the Analyst/Credit Solutions number and reviewed my information with the gentleman.  I explained the limit I had in mind (w/o being greedy) and my reasons for the request.  He placed me on hold for a few miinutes and came back stating he approved the limit as requested.  I advised him this was my first experience with GE Capital and I was pleased.  

None of this changes the fact I didn't need another card and my AAOA will suffer, but it is nice to have a card I can designate for Paypal only (heck, I don't even have to carry it in the wallet) and a 10K limit is perfectly acceptable to me.

FICO 750+ on each CRA - 6 cards for a total CL of $222,900
Gardening since 9/11/2016 for a goal of 2 years
Message 14 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the posts and reminding me of the backdoor numbers.  I contacted GE Capital this morning on the Analyst/Credit Solutions number and reviewed my information with the gentleman.  I explained the limit I had in mind (w/o being greedy) and my reasons for the request.  He placed me on hold for a few miinutes and came back stating he approved the limit as requested.  I advised him this was my first experience with GE Capital and I was pleased.  

None of this changes the fact I didn't need another card and my AAOA will suffer, but it is nice to have a card I can designate for Paypal only (heck, I don't even have to carry it in the wallet) and a 10K limit is perfectly acceptable to me.

Excellent.  Looks like contacting Credit Solutions worked as a charm!

Message 15 of 19
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@score_building wrote:

Gratz! No regrets, IMHO GECRB is a good issuer to be in with and they're some decent rewards offers sent intermittently on the Paypal card. With clean reports and strong profile, the growth potential is stellar via Credit Solutions. Mixed reports on CLI at activation, some get the insufficient experience with current limit response, others have better luck. Waiting 6 months of nice usage and PIF is probably not a bad idea, in any case.

GECRB was included in my CH 13 and they've been nice to me in my rebuilding efforts.  I have 2 gas cards, a Walmart (that can be upgraded to Discover) and a generous CareCredit account.

I don't have a need for any more major CC's but I'm in the door with them and will try to pick one up later either... via upgrade or something like the PP MC.

Message 16 of 19
blunderer
Established Contributor

Congrats.  Glad contacting credit solutions worked out for you.

Message 17 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Ended up working well for you, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 19
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.