cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Even More love for NFCU

tag
jasonad

Even More love for NFCU

I just started the rebuilding of my credit. I just got a secured Cap 1 card (not reported yet). I apped for a Walmart card and was denied a week ago. I had seen review of NFCU's secured nRewards card. So I decided to call up NFCU to see If my Account was still active. I had joined while on active duty 20 years ago, but had done nothing with the account for the last 15 years.  The Rep said yes it was closed but I could reopen it. Of course I reopened it or I would not be here spreading the love.  I was going to get the secured card but was doing one last search of reviews for it and I came across a thread for the unsecured nRewards card and saw that some was approved for it with a 580  Fico score, mine is 595. So I decided to throw caution to the wind and app for the unsecured version. Whoa approve for 4k. Imagine my surprise after being turned down by walmart.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Even More love for NFCU

Wow Congrats! Great stuff a little appreciation for your service. Thank you for your service and sharing!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jasonad wrote:

I just started the rebuilding of my credit. I just got a secured Cap 1 card (not reported yet). I apped for a Walmart card and was denied a week ago. I had seen review of NFCU's secured nRewards card. So I decided to call up NFCU to see If my Account was still active. I had joined while on active duty 20 years ago, but had done nothing with the account for the last 15 years.  The Rep said yes it was closed but I could reopen it. Of course I reopened it or I would not be here spreading the love.  I was going to get the secured card but was doing one last search of reviews for it and I came across a thread for the unsecured nRewards card and saw that some was approved for it with a 580  Fico score, mine is 595. So I decided to throw caution to the wind and app for the unsecured version. Whoa approve for 4k. Imagine my surprise after being turned down by walmart.

YEAH! we love Navy Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Congrats!
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 4 of 11
baller4life
Super Contributor

Sweet!! Can't beat Navy Fed!
Message 5 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats OP Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@jasonad wrote:

Awesome Smiley Happy congrats 

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 7 of 11
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@jasonad wrote:

relationship is definitely important!! Congrats on your new card!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 8 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

great job!!!

Message 9 of 11
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

CONGRATS and thank you for your service from a fellow service member.

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.